Sunseeker 2900 with some delamination, title issue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The trip to Colorado did not go as planned. The first few days were fine, but we broke down in Loveland, CO.
The engine overheated badly and it cost 2k to get it going. The advice I got was get it back to Maine and sell it for whatever you can get.
We continued to Colorado Springs and it ran so poorly we didn't dare drive it home so we ended up putting it in storage and drove home. Now I am trying to sell it long distance. If I get a buyer, I will have to fly out to sign the papers over, etc.
Maybe the RV life is not for us. I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I am taking a big hit here and if I want to RV full-time, I basically will have to start all over.

Take a deep breath.  Older RV's often need work and $$$ to get them up to snuff.
  It's one reason why they depreciate quickly.  Have a qualified RV tech go over the RV with you present.  You really should have had that done prior to purchase, and before taking a long trip.

RV's are almost never worth the cost to maintain. You can spend a lot more for new of nearly new, or older with the understanding you may need to spend a fair amount to get road worthy for the intended use.

Find out what is wrong with it and what it will take to get it on the road and go from there. My mindset is they're a loss from day one.  A big loss.  There is nothing cheap about RV'ing.

How old are those tires?

Over 5-6 years they need replacing. Yes I know it has lots of tread and looks good BUT the trouble is they can look good and blowout.
Again over 5-6 years old replace them now. A blowout can cause thousands of dollars of damage. If it takes out your blackwater tank you could be in a stinking mess.

DennisinMaine said:
The trip to Colorado did not go as planned. The first few days were fine, but we broke down in Loveland, CO.
The engine overheated badly and it cost 2k to get it going. The advice I got was get it back to Maine and sell it for whatever you can get.
We continued to Colorado Springs and it ran so poorly we didn't dare drive it home so we ended up putting it in storage and drove home. Now I am trying to sell it long distance. If I get a buyer, I will have to fly out to sign the papers over, etc.
Maybe the RV life is not for us. I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I am taking a big hit here and if I want to RV full-time, I basically will have to start all over.

So, sad to hear this news.. But what exactly did the mechanic find wrong with your RV?  Overheating could be caused from simple to expensive things. 

When it was towed in, he said the belt had come off! I had 4K worth of work done to get i ready for the trip and it included new belts. The mechanic wouldn't say it was the first guy's fault, however. I bet it was, but who knows really.
I suspect the head gasket also blew.

MY 454 used to overheat. Needed a new radiator what did they say was wrong with yours. Also the 454 was known for burning through regular plug wires making it run poorly so the cure is racing wires and boots. If that does not work then headers and wraps. The manifolds on  the 454 were crappy.

Back
Top Bottom