Sunset Lake RV Resort/ Defuniak Springs FL/Save your money!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Backdraft161

I recently made a reservation for the weekend after Labor day weekend. I had heard nothing but good things about this place.

Wife and I decide to go take a look at the resort. Upon arriving checked into the front office and asked if it would be okay to check out our reserve site and look around. We were told it would be okay.

I can tell you first hand this resort is anything but fun. If you are unlucky to be on the back 40, you would have to hire a taxi just to make it to the lake or swimming pool. Everything is up front and each site is maybe 3 feet apart. I now know how a sardine feels.

I was NOT impressed one bit!

I travel back home and give them a call, asking if I could get my reservation(one night stay) back. Since I wasn't going to stay for over a week and a half. This was their reply.
We don't give any refunds anytime for any reasons. We can give you a credit but that is all. That told me right there that they are not concerned if we have a good time or not. It's all about the money.

Rest assured I will never stay at this resort and will in the future before I plop any money down be sure I understand the refund policy. At $32 a night I thought this to be unreasonable. I could understand if I had called within 48 hours to cancel that I could lose one nights stay.

Be Forewarned....

That sure goes against what our experience was. We only stayed one night , but they were very nice too us. Marvh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom