SVRR closed for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Christmas drone video of SVRR (WY), courtesy of a visiting neighbor. Our lot is at 5:22, visible by the blue tarp over our patio table and chairs. Park is closed for the winter, but they don't seem to have had a lot of snow.

Do you rent for summer? Looks like a lot if RVs still there, i would worried abiut snow loads!

Do you rent for summer? Looks like a lot if RVs still there, i would worried abiut snow loads!
We own the lot and store the RV under covered storage a mile or two away. I did extensive research on the snow accumulation, moisture content, and snow load, which made it a no-brainer to store under cover. My research included talking to a home builder who explained their designed roof snow load, and how many of those home roofs were lost the prior winter.

Some/many folks get their RV roofs cleared of snow a couple of times each winter, but I didn't want someone on our roof with a snow shovel. Every few years some folks who leave their RV on their lot, even with snow removal, get roof damage. Last year a couple of close neighbors had catastrophic roof damage. One had his older 5W totaled by the insurance company, and the other (who's insurance didn't cover snow damage) paid $16,000 out of pocket to repair the damage on his newer 5W.

I have a Navy friend who lives in Minni-snow-tah and usually by this time they are drifted in. This is his front yard as of a couple days ago.

1704737009006.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holtt
Back
Top Bottom