sway bar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taiwin

hi everyone, just bought a new class C 21 and need advice. this is my first time ever driving a  MH. I'm a little nervous driving it, it was winding that day and cross wind was a problem. I guess its normal at first after a while i should feel more confident driving something this big. my question is, do i need aftermarket stuff like sway bar to help with cross winds and driver fatigue or should i get use to it.

Well, it's  a large vehicle and won't drive like a car, so some "getting used to it" is in order. And there is already an antisway bar built in, though it may not be as big as it could be.

Cross winds can be nerve-racking. I'd get some more driving experience before deciding that suspension mods were needed, but it may be something to consider. What chassis do your have - a Ford van chassis like the E350? The type of modifications that may be helpful will depend on what you now have.

We installed one of these, http://www.towshop.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=664&idcategory=119. It helped a lot.

i have a ford E 350, i was thinking of going with roadmaster reflex steering stabilizers and a rear roadmaster antisway bars, what do you guys think?

I like the rear bars myself. I think they do more for you than any "stabilizer". I don't have any direct experience with your chassis, though, or even a small C like yours.

I'm looking at the same thing.  I just took the first long trip and the curves on I-64 through West Virginia made me nervous.  I felt like I might roll when taking them at the posted slower speed going into the curves.  I'm going to start with an alignment check tomorrow and maybe beefier shocks and a rear sway bar.  I have a Monaco Monarch Ford Chassis with V10 engine.  The local RV repair shop near Cincinnati has recommended a truck suspension shop for the evaluation.  I guess I'll find out then.

A larger roll (antisway) bar is a fairly common upgrade on gas chassis RVs. They stock one tends to be on the skimpy side, especially when a fairly large and heavy body is strapped onto the chassis. The RV builders tend to buy the least expensve chassis they can get away with, then add features, length and weight until the handling suffers and customers complain in public about poor road manners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom