Switches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgmartin

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Tioga, 31M.  As you enter the door, there is a small panel with three switches on the left hand side. The switch on the left works the outside patio light.  The switch in the middle operates a single interior light, but I can't figure out what the switch on the right operates. It has a small red indicator light that goes on, but I can't see that anything comes on.  Can anyone with a Tioga tell me what this switch is for? ( have attached a photo. I hope it comes out ok)

Attachments

• 2-28-14 Tioga 2008 (5).jpg
    2-28-14 Tioga 2008 (5).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 43
Not a very good picture but I would guess outside steps or hot water heater

Could be to turn off the house battery's. Test buy turning the lights on inside the RV and then turn the switch off if the light goes off you now know what it's for.

This particular switch is not for disconnecting the house batteries.  There is a different panel higher up with a switch which does disconnect the house batteries.  I will turn on the gas the next time and see if I hear the pilot click on when I turn on the switch.

Forgot.  This switch is also not for the water pump. The water pump switch is located on a different panel.

See if your steps operate differently with the switch ON or OFF, when you open/close the entry door.

Just Lou said:
See if your steps operate differently with the switch ON or OFF, when you open/close the entry door.

I'll bet half my earnings that it is the step switch 0n/off.

Problem is I have no earnings, any more, just pensions.

Good point, Richard.  You bet I earned my pension. 47 years of continuous work and paying into the system. Done a lot of saving over the years...frugality works.

Now-a-days the IRS  does not count my earnings (Wages) any more, because I have none.
By the way, I never had a super paying job,. no inheritances, no lotto winnings, no Government assistance ever, just a worn- out body now. 
But due to my savings, investments, no debt, I am a happy puppy and have no worries.
Don't you wish the younger generation would follow my path ? Probably impossible now.
I.ll bet there are a lot of folks like me in the same boat on the forum. Getting old is predictable.

PS. This sure sounds like thread-drift, does it not ?
If this is a rant please excuse me. Just facts of life.

Regards, Carson

Mr. Carson, I am glad to inform you that you get to keep your retirement!  I continued reading all the paperwork for my motorhome as it pertains to the electric steps, and it does mention a switch which bypasses the ignition, meaning that when the switch is on, and you close or open the door, the steps will not retract. Good job!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom