Tail Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keocera

Toad turn signals and brake lights work fine. However when I turn on motorhome headlights, toad tail lights do Not come on.  Please give me some ideas as to what may be wrong. As always your help is greatly appreciated!

Marker/tail lights are a separate circuit/wire from stop and turn. Do the bulbs work on just the toad when you turn on the toad lights? Start at the plugin on the MH and make sure you have power on the tail light wire on the MH. Then go to the rear of the toad and check the wire where it enters the taillight circuit there. (if you have separate bulbs for towing in your toad then check the socket for power) These steps should point you to where the problem is.

Ken

If the connector is a 4 pin flat connector then

The "Different" pin is ground and the one next to it is tail lights.

Check to see if power is going that far... I happened long ago on a 3-LED tester with pass through .. using this device I can plug it into the motor home than plug the car into it.. Works very well (or did long story there, still does actually just no longer needed)

They also make testers without pass through those are way easier to find, I have 2 of them and one remains plugged into the flat-4 connector all the time (Since I got the LP 1 on the new towed, I use a round six pin to hook to car (The long story, new towed)

Back
Top Bottom