Taking the Texas class B non CDL drivers test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
renshaw1949 said:
I seem to be in the same predicament as everyone else. After two trips to the Garland DMV I got the info needed, studied and passed the test. Now I want to do the drive part, this is May 25th, the soonest available schedule for my area seems to be sometime in August. What am I missing here? Has anyone just went and waited, rather than scheduled?

Rob

2007 Itasca Ellipsce 40TD
2001 Lexus RX300
Did you read through this topic in another forum I posted earlier?  http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=125345&hl= 

I believe there has been some updated info on places to take the driving test.  If not join the forum and ask your question.  There are several people on the forum who have experience and knowledge about the Texas testing.

Just became full timers and established residency in TX. Now have to take the drivers test for class B non CDL since our RV is over 26,000#. Has anyone taken this test that can help us pass?? Most of the info in the CDL section 14 they told us to study is for truck drivers and farmers! How detailed are the questions? We need some reassurance that we can get by this one! Haven't taken a test in years! Thanks!
PS. Can you take the manual in with you when you test?
If you study chapter 14 you will be okay and you must turn off your phone and use no reference material at all.

Study Chapter 15 of the Texas Drivers License Handbook and any references in Chapter 15 to other chapters. After reading chapter 15 of the manual, just make sure you can answer all the Class A questions in the back of the manual. It's a 20 question test, and I believe you can miss 5 and still pass. After you pass your knowledge test, I think you will have to schedule a driving test as well. Good luck!
Chapter 14

If you study chapter 14 you will be okay and you must turn off your phone and use no reference material at all.
Good info , but most likely the OP already got his licence, back in 2013, when this was originally posted.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom