Tankless Water Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
johnseller said:
could you add, say to just the shower, a small 110volt instahot in line with the 6 gal onboard heater?

You could. However, the one I just looked at on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Tankless-Electric-Mini-Tank-Portable-Instant/dp/B07WF5Y8RJ

is shown as 3000 watts. At 120 volts that's 25 amps, or almost all of a 30 amp service. Plus, you would probably need to add a dedicated circuit just for the water heater. All the RV outlet circuits I've seen are on 15 amp circuits.

that's large for just the shower...there are smaller ones that use less amperage and even a showerhead version but didn't see an amp rating for it. Just wondering not adamant.

wondering if this might work for just the show hot line...https://www.ebay.com/itm/3000W-110V-Electric-Instant-Hot-Water-Heater-Tankless-Kitchen-Bathroom-Shower/164063804844?hash=item2632f6fdac:g:uCQAAOSwzH1eOTTJ

That's pretty much identical to the one on Amazon I linked to, in a different case, down to the display location and same specs...

We bought Eccotemp water heater for our RV, and it has been a dream! We fulltime in our RV, and use it on a daily basis. The only time we have issues is when the water pressure is too low, not a fault of the heater. We read reviews that complained about the freezing issue, we mounted the unit on an inside wall perpendicular to the outside wall to where it was vented. This kept the coils away from the colder outside wall, and yes it got cold this winter, and we never had one issue with freezing.

Is this electric or propane? Where in the plumbing in relationship to the original hot water heater did you plumb the tankless? Is the original heater still in the rv?

It seems that this is the 2nd revival of this thread. The one before was in February 2020. Both revivals seem to be relative to the original op and this most recent revival does not expect or need a response from any previous poster.

Do you feel that a new thread should have been started by this most recent poster? Just a question because I read lots of posts referencing this sort of thing.

Have a safe holiday season

Back
Top Bottom