Telescoping mirrors, F250SD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kberlen

I just picked up a F250 Super Duty truck as a tow vehicle that has "standard" exterior mirrors. On Ebay, I have found mirrors that appear to be much larger, and are described as "telescoping tow mirrors". Would it be worthwhile to install these on my truck? The cost is about $140 for a pair. Thanks for any thoughts! 

It would depend if you're towing and what you're towing. I tow a fifth wheel and I wouldn't be without them. I'm able to see down the entire length of my trailer and also, I can see the tires where they contact the pavement. If one should start to deflate, Hopefully I'll see it in time so I can stop. I highly recomment them. Have you tried a salvage yard yet?

We will be towing a 32ft travel trailer. I have not checked salvage yards, but that is a great idea. The ones on Ebay are aftermarket, not OEM. If I could get salvage units that were OEM, that would be better. Thanks!

I know that I've commented on this before, but if you're going to have that truck for a while, buy a decent set of mirrors.

I had a cheap set of CIPA mirrors on my truck towing a fifth wheel, and they were terrible, almost to the point of being dangerous.

$140 for a good set of mirrors? In a New York minute.

I have the mirrors you are looking at and "would not leave home without them".  Very good investment!

I used these on a 2001 F-250 that had extending mirroes built in, I still put these on and they are great,  strong little to no vibration.

and easy to put on and off.

http://www.easternmarine.com/j-r-grand-aero-towing-mirrors-1-pair-2912

As long as it's not a Ford F350 XLT with auto extension heated, turn signals mirror, list price in the box $1095. Had to change one cause of an accident.

I have the factory extending mirrors. Very nice not only can you see well with them around the trailer when extended but you can fold them in when parking. This provides some extra room in the drive and some safety in parking lots and street parking.

Back
Top Bottom