"Tesla Leads The Pack"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

"The study, which examined 12.6 million new vehicle registrations in the United States, showed that Tesla leads the pack regarding car brand loyalty, according to Electrek. "

See here for the details.

-Don- Reno, NV

I read this about five times and I cannot make sense out of it:

"The electric automaker had the strongest overall loyalty to make, highest conquest percentage, alternative powertrain loyalty to make, and ethnic market loyalty to make. (The overall loyalty to manufacturer, though, went to General Motors, although that was the only category that GM won.)"

What category does "that" refer to? The "overall loyalty"?

Is this my poor reading comprehension or is that contradicting itself? Who won the "overall loyalty", Tesla or GM?

-Don- Reno, NV

Didn’t look or read articles. But loyalty % means nothing. I sell 100. They sell 10. I get 10% loyalty and the get same.
I still sell more and do better.

Tesla leads the pack regarding car brand loyalty vs The overall loyalty to manufacturer, though, went to General Motors. GM has a lot of brands.

It's pretty hard to ignore Tesla's success as an automaker. It's not surprising that it also enjoys a highly loyal fan base. Some might even describe that fan base as a cult. :p <-- See, there's that emoji thing again, which means I'm not actually serious when I call Tesla owners a cult. Or am I? ;)

I don't have brand loyalty at all with anything. It's the model that counts. I never expected to own a Harley until I rode a 2017 RoadGlide Ultra, which has the larger frame and M8 engine and a smooth ride. I figure any company can make a model I like even if I didn't like what they had in the past.

Or vice versa. A company stops making a model I like.

Back in 1971, I purchased my BMW R75/5 because of the extra-large gas tank. The following they made the gas tank a lot smaller as well as made other changes I didn't like, such as removing the kick starter. Mine has both, electric and kick. No way would I consider their newer model.

With EVs. It will also depend on the model I like, if I ever buy an EV pickup truck, I don't care what brand it is.

-Don- Reno, NV

I'm confused about GM. It supposedly holds overall highest loyalty, but only one of its brands is present, and it's in the "Bottom 8".

There seems to be more than one way to figure it.

This is true of many things..
I keep reading "Which state has the most ________"
And usually it's California.. Why.. Well fill in the blank with Citizens and you have an idea.

Now when you say which state has the most ______/100,000?
The rankings change. This is just one example. And Intentionally left the blanks blank save for "Citizens"
There are also other ways to do it... as well for example ______/square mile

every time you add the /something The rankings change.

And statistics will vary depending on the journalism source and the area of the US.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom