Tesla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another reason I want a Tesla is because I want a car that is self driving. I am getting close to 70 years old and eventually I will not be capable of safely driving a car. At that point I want the car to drive me so I can keep on traveling. I can see the day when we are all driving self driving cars and at that point drunk drivers will disappear making the roads safer for everyone.

SeilerBird said:
No one is ignoring the time to charge, you are misinformed on the subject. The Tesla Supercharging stations are fast charging stations delivering 480 volts dc to give an 85 kWh Tesla a 170 miles in a 30 minute charge or 75 minutes for a full charge. ...

Tom, the following quote from you is what I was referring to. That statement DOES ignore the CURRENT charging time problem. The times you quoted are unacceptable.

There is no reason to drive a polluting gas guzzling monster once the charging stations are everywhere.

I didn't say, or imply, that no one was working on improving the situation, but it's going to be a long time before the charging times become acceptable, if they ever do.

I think the Ford Fusion plug in hybrid is almost a pretty as the Tesla.  My DW was ready to buy one the first time she saw it!

If I had to choose today I'd get that, or a Volt.  I'm in no hurry and the way battery technology is evolving  waiting is going to pay off big time.

I don't drink so I don't really need a self driving car. LOL

I'd like to have a Tesla because it's a cool car.  I don't give a hoot about "saving the planet" as that is utter nonsense to begin with.  The planet was fine before man got here, it will be fine long after man is gone.  The Tesla is quick, quiet, and easy on the eyes.

I had to drive a Prius once.  Late at night, leaving work, and it was the only thing left on the lot...mostly because we couldn't give it away.  I parked it a block away so the neighbors wouldn't see me.  It was a miserable slug to drive too.  People usually buy them because it makes them somehow feel morally superior to others....hence the name Toyota Pious. 

Sorry that you feel that way.  To each his own.  I've driven a Prius for the last 5 yrs ( two different ones) and I really do like them.  The ride is okay, but I love them at the pump.  I'm not trying to save the Planet but if driving a Prius helps then that's okay too.  I just hate spending money on gas driving back and forth to work so getting 45 miles to the gallon makes me happy.  I will continue driving one until I get to retire and then we'll see.  Who knows, I might get me another new Prius to jaunt all over the place or something more upscale. 

Robin
PS: Husband felt like you until we actually had one and now he doesn't mind it at all.

I have a friend who owns an older electric Honda car.

Things were great until it was about five years old and he had to replace the battery which set him back about $2,000 which ate up his gasoline savings.

How much is it to replace a worn out battery in a Telsa?

My father-in-law just bought a $70k little Lexis RX350.......nice car.......

(  looks like a large gold peanut with rear-view mirrors...)

he could have bought a Tesla for the same money.....

a car that is made in America, by an American company,  (which still means something to me).

Larry N. said:
Tom, the following quote from you is what I was referring to. That statement DOES ignore the CURRENT charging time problem. The times you quoted are unacceptable.

I didn't say, or imply, that no one was working on improving the situation, but it's going to be a long time before the charging times become acceptable, if they ever do.
I promise you Larry I will not attempt to force you to buy an electric car.

8Muddypaws said:
If you say so Seiler.  Your money, your choice.
Yes it's your money, and you can choose to enjoy it while you are alive ....it or you can die,  and someone else will enjoy it.....

But you can't take it with you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom