Test DRive at RV dealer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I get Gary's point too.... it's not as much like buying a daily driver where driving around the block for a quick and easy spin is a great way to try it on for size.....
it makes sense to not drive everyone you glance at.....but once you get serious between a few then I think it would be stupid not to drive it first....
you never know, might Seilerbird's hard shiftin' tranny, might be an awful pull to the left.... a weird vibration or shimmy....

I bought mine at a CW....not by choice really, it was just the deal we found....
I didn't seal the paperwork till I took it for a spin down the road.  It was the first and so far only MH I have driven....  They knew I was serious though, we traveled a couple hours form home and had already negotiated the deal, pending inspection and test drive....

Once established a serious buyer, you really need to drive several to reveal and understand the differences in chassis, tags, independent front suspension or straight axle, etc.  That doesn't include faults you find. 

Mile High said:
Once established a serious buyer, you really need to drive several to reveal and understand the differences in chassis, tags, independent front suspension or straight axle, etc.  That doesn't include faults you find.
Well yes, that's a great point if you are on the fence between different chassis types

We wouldn't buy a motorhome without test driving it first - and we certainly wouldn't sign any papers without driving it first!  If you go to an RV show the salespeople are generally really good about test drives.  After all they don't want to have to drive them back to their lot which might be hundreds of miles away.  At one of the first FMCA rallies we attended we talked to a couple who were selling for a specific dealer.  Later we ran into them as we were going from the rally site into town and they encouraged us to come along and drive the coach.  They knew we were debating shorter vs. longer and they were the ones who told us we needed to test drive a longer one so we would know what it feels like.  We enjoyed the drive into town and got a good feel for its handling.  No we didn't buy from them but we appreciated their helpfulness.

ArdraF

When we were looking at 40 foot DP we not never drove one and had never even ridden in a Class A coach.  There was no way we going to make the jump to Class A without a test drive.  We didn't buy the first one we test drove but did buy the second one. 

At Three Way Campers north of Atlanta the salesman put the keys in my hand insisting I take the RV on a test drive. While asking if there were any others I was interested in trying.

I was riding my motorcycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom