Thanks all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lizza1975

Hey I've been out about 2 months now!  Internet service is rather scarce!  I'm going to check into one of those services that you take wherever you go!

Only big issue I have is with the jack to get off the towing vehicle. I am seriously thinking of changing to electric because of my shoulders.  Even after my upcoming surgeries to restore them, I don't know how well they will do!  But while I'm using the manual jack there is a question! Please all start laughing! I have managed to baffle the experts!  My vehicle is an Escalade AWD. It has a wonderful air ride and leveling system....Anyone see the problem coming yet?  You raise the jack to get the ball loose from the hitch, lol the escalade automatically raises the tail of the tow vehicle...lowering it and guess what then!  This owner of the camp I'm now at stood back and looked in shock! Like what the heck!!! He is not the first.  It seems that when I shut off the tow vehicle it has this wonderful memory!  I have searched the manual and can find NO way to shut off this rather not helpful at this particular time device!

Okay, I can't be the first with an auto leveler on my vehicle???  I have tried to shut off vehicle, I have tried to take it out of tow. It seems this computer just knows! And it so wants to help!  Its misery getting this trailer off this "helpful" vehicle!

And again I want to thank you ALL for all the help you gave this solo woman RVer to get me where I had enough confidence to get it on the road! It's super! I love it! I want to move to my travel trailer!!! Well, right after I upgrade...Going to wait for that until.....  LOl I'm at the point of buying a few acres in the country and building a small cabin and putting an rv site on it!  But I believe this is where I let time decide!
Thanks all, and anyone that would like to come help when I get ready to return to Indiana on the second of October please come! Lol heading past home into southern Indiana to a place called Browns county. There is a beautiful state park there! 

I just installed an electric jack 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl3T8fAnetY

and a fastway flip up

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

Life is so much easier.  I too have had a  couple of surgeries and it it a man killing job to grt that trailer high enough to come off the ball by manually cranking it. 

Part of  your problem is that your vehicle is just going back to normal position as you take the trailer pressure off. 

Just curious do you have a sway control system on your hitch to the trailer? 

I have an Equalizer and it works ver well.

Tom...

Back
Top Bottom