Thanks for tips on Surge protection!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alschuetz

We are on our very first trip with our Itasca Reya.  After reading this forum's posts to learn as much as possible, I bought a surge protector and tester. 

Sure enough, our third stop at Green Mountain in Lenoir, NC put it to the test!  Three sites (probably on the same power leg and next to each other) tested out at 255v on the 30A connection.  I ended up moving three times until we go a site that had good 30A, 120v service. 

The surge protector arrived the day before we left.  So a little luck, good actions and fantastic information on this forum has paid off.  THANKS!

Sure enough, our third stop at Green Mountain in Lenoir, NC put it to the test!  Three sites (probably on the same power leg and next to each other) tested out at 255v on the 30A connection.  I ended up moving three times until we go a site that had good 30A, 120v service.

What did the campground management say when you reported it?  Did they make any attempt to fix it?

The lady in the office didn't seem to care and just assigned another site.  Of course, I had to motor from the back of the campground to the front three times.

It is more common than you think.  Had the same problem on a recent camping trip and the staff was clueless about it.  It was a private RV park.

maybe you could put a warning note under the lid of those boxes so someone else doesn't get burned.

This last season alone I was saved by my SurgeGuard five times. I will not hookup without connecting the SurgeGuard first.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom