That's not really free delivery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone learns it in a different way.
So true. My poor attempt was self-teaching with books and CDs (probably tapes back then).

About the only thing I could consistently say was Moshi Moshi, when I picked up the phone in our Tokyo office, and a few 'surprised' heads would turn.

Sorry for the thread drift everyone...

About the only thing I could consistently say was Moshi Moshi, when I picked up the phone in our Tokyo office, and a few 'surprised' heads would turn.

Yeah - this was funny especially if one had the accent but not the skills.

"Moshi-moshi. GE no Johnson desu."

The Japanese caller would launch into the conversation and a minute later my guy would say. "Sorry I don't speak Japanese could you repeat everything after "Ohio Gozaimus, Johnson-san."?

Something that has had me scratching my head on a number of occasions was when I manually added a tip to the 'tip line', it didn't show up on my credit account. Some folks have suggested that the restaurant runs the bill as a 'hold' before they hand you the card and a credit slip to sign, then go back and adjust the total.
The tip is added after a few days and then the total amount will increase to include the tip.

The tip is added after a few days and then the total amount will increase to include the tip.
My experience shows that it's not always added, and has caused me to return to the establishment several days later. Maybe it was an oversight or a mistake :confused:

Sorry for the thread drift everyone...
Ditto. Let me see if it makes sense to split this discussion out. OTOH it's in The Shade Tree, where thread drift is normal.

A VP & colleague at another company was transferred to run our Japan operation. He called me one day to chat. After telling me about his nice apartment overlooking the Imperial Palace, I asked several questions about how his wife was dealing with the lifestyle. After several "no problem" responses, he laughed and explained that his wife, who I'd never met, was Japanese.

Ditto. Let me see if it makes sense to split this discussion out. OTOH it's in The Shade Tree, where thread drift is normal.

A VP & colleague at another company was transferred to run our Japan operation. He called me one day to chat. After telling me about his nice apartment overlooking the Imperial Palace, I asked several questions about how his wife was dealing with the lifestyle. After several "no problem" responses, he laughed and explained that his wife, who I'd never met, was Japanese.
Don't worry about dragging over the posts so far but I started a new thread here --> Cultural (In)Sensitivities

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom