The Best TV installation I've Seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
We are in Gaffney SC at Freightliner for service and Randy and Debby Sherow are here as well.

Randy has installed a 46" HDTV over the front cabinets of their Alpha See Ya Gold and it is simple, clean, and absolutely beautiful. I didn't get photos yesterday and my camera is tied up in the shop today so maybe he will take some shots and post them here. His design is so simple I am kicking myself for not thinking of it when  I replaced our 19" TV two years ago with a 26" HDTV. :-[

I am going to do it again with a 40" Samsung and put the 26" in the bedroom.

I'd love to see pictures of it. My vision of a 46" TV has it covering half the windshield?

Wendy

Jeff, we need pictures.  Be sure and tell Randy that it would help us if he could provide photos.  We will be doing our TV remodel at some point and I wanted a bigger screen.

Marsha~

Forty-six inches and still have windshield and cabinets?  I can't wait to see pictures of this.

I heard from Randy today and their coach went in for service at noon. He starts Camp Freightliner in the morning for two days so the photos may take a few days.

Deb and Randy are on the road after their long week at Freightliner. They did email me photos of the Television installation that I have uploaded here. I'm sure Randy will be available for questions when they get caught up.

The only modification to the cabinets that I know of was the removal of the doors. Also there seemed to be plenty of headroom coming in and out of the coach in the viewing position.

Attachments

• 1 Travel Position (Medium).JPG
    1 Travel Position (Medium).JPG
    796.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 2 Viewing Position (Medium).JPG
    2 Viewing Position (Medium).JPG
    674.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 3 Cabinet Access (Medium).JPG
    3 Cabinet Access (Medium).JPG
    777.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 3a Latches for Travel (4) (Medium).JPG
    3a Latches for Travel (4) (Medium).JPG
    530.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 4 Slide and Latch Detrail (Medium).JPG
    4 Slide and Latch Detrail (Medium).JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 5 Surround Sound Rcvr (Medium).JPG
    5 Surround Sound Rcvr (Medium).JPG
    1,003 KB · Views: 98
  • 6 Receiver Mount (Medium).JPG
    6 Receiver Mount (Medium).JPG
    998 KB · Views: 87
  • 7 Location of Receiver (Medium).JPG
    7 Location of Receiver (Medium).JPG
    706.1 KB · Views: 103
A side-scrolling TV mount!  :)  Pretty intuitive.  Maybe some manufacturers can take a hint!  Is that drawer sliding hardware?  And do you happen to know (or I guess he can answer this when he returns) were the factory arm-mount holes on the back of the TV used?

Scotty:

Yes the holes were used. If you look carefully Randy has a low profile wall mount between the TV and the paneling they installed. I am thinking of skipping that to keep the mount thinner.

The slides are large vertical mount drawer slides that I believe Randy said he got at Costco. I looked online and found 1 7/8" slides that come rated to 150 pounds.

Jeff said:
If you look carefully Randy has a low profile wall mount between the TV and the paneling they installed.

Ah, I didn't notice that the first time around.  I thought the TV was mounted directly to the sliders.  An arm mount is probably a good idea though since it would give you some "rotate" ability, not that you really need it in most bowling-lane-shaped RV interiors.  ;)

IIRC Randy was going to use an arm but the tilt of his cabinets gave him the right viewing angle so he used the thin mount that used less room.

My thanks to Jeff for answering the questions that were asked even better than I could have. The one that I can answer is that there is no rattle from the mount during travel. The TV is locked into place while we're moving and there's no movement or noise at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom