THE CHILDREN OF THE SILENT GENERATION...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom and Margi said:
This is the Shade Tree and needent be about RVs,,so,,

This is the Shade Tree, but it has its limits.  There are VERY MANY places on the internet to discuss personal political viewpoints.  If people want to spew vitriol to the right or spew vitriol to the left, go ahead.  But do it in a non-RV Forum setting.  I really don't think it does anything to enhance our Rving shared experiences and belongs spewed elsewhere.  Perhaps the RV Forum should set up a vitriol spewing section ... then those of us interested in enjoying the RV experience can ignore that section.

Yes this is the shade tree and you came here voluntarily - directly to this thread - knowing that some political points were being discussed.  You can easily avoid any angst by simply not clicking on this thread.  It has NO vitriol as you describe but does have some obvious discussion between differing political views from people on both sides of the spectrum.  Sorry you are offended but perhaps general discussions like this, no matter where they occur, are beneficial as long as they don't turn into name-calling diatribes.  For me, this one has not even approached that point.

Bill

As a Disabled Veteran I'm proud to be a Vietnam Veteran (non-combat), Lifetime VFW Member, and a Red Blooded American. I'm proud to have Donald Trump as the President of the United States. I'm proud to say that America is the greatest nation in the world, bar none. I stand for the Anthem, tear up when I see injustice, and detest naysayers.

In my HUMBLE Opinion people who slam our great country all the while soaking up the benefits of our Constitution are the worst sort. It is shame these people should feel. It is quite cliche but if you don't like the rules move to one of those other countries.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, and God Bless our President and our Great Nation.

John Beard said:
As a Disabled Veteran I'm proud to be a Vietnam Veteran (non-combat), Lifetime VFW Member, and a Red Blooded American. I'm proud to have Donald Trump as the President of the United States. I'm proud to say that America is the greatest nation in the world, bar none. I stand for the Anthem, tear up when I see injustice, and detest naysayers.

In my HUMBLE Opinion people who slam our great country all the while soaking up the benefits of our Constitution are the worst sort. It is shame these people should feel. It is quite cliche but if you don't like the rules move to one of those other countries.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, and God Bless our President and our Great Nation.

Well said sir.  I salute you.  But don't have them move to another country.  Have them open their eyes and help build this country back to where it previously was.  Differing viewpoints are needed but the liberal views of today are approaching a dangerous level - they seem to want to change history and, in our government, do not want to do anything but say NO.  I want to see the Democrats participate in a positive way. File bills and at least find something non-partisan they can agree on. As it is now they simply sit on the sidelines of Congress and chirp chirp chirp negatives.  How about some positives from that side of the aisle.  Yes, they stand for some differing things but certainly not EVERYTHING.  My country is divided.  I used to say it would take another 911 to reunite it but now as I look over the political front I think such an event would reunite only about 60 percent.  The remainder would be supporting the attacking side.  Folks, I would love to see our Congress unite and find common ground on at least a few important areas. 

Bill

SeilerBird said:
That is so offensive to me. America has always been great and saying it is not great is Unamerican to me.

Depends on how you define GREAT Tom.  Unamerican?  Really because someone thinks their country has slipped a notch or two? Seems to be a pretty drastic assumption.

Bill

Bill N said:
Depends on how you define GREAT Tom.  Unamerican?  Really because someone thinks their country has slipped a notch or two? Seems to be a pretty drastic assumption.

Bill
Yep Unamerican. If you are a real American you support America you don't run it into the ground. We have not slipped a notch or two.

TonyDtorch said:
I have stood in line behind a WIC mother that was buying a Slurpy and a gallon of milk and a box of Lucky charms at our local convenience store.

She just flipped out the EBT card.

The typical middle-east store owner knows no one ever enforces the rules here in America.
The milk could have been on WIC, but the Lucky Charms and Slurpy sure wouldn't have been. Do not confuse WIC and SNAP (aka food stamps). They are totally different programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom