The cost to fix it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

s2kskibum

As a resource for owners, and not to EVER tell anyone they got ripped off(costs of repair can differ!), or ANY other drama(some people might like pink shag carpet...), might anyone else think a thread that would list the following would be helpful?

RV year and model; broken, damaged, or dead part, or upgrade/remodel; and cost to repair/replace. Do it yourselfers could include cost of parts and time involved, maybe level of difficulty.

As I am new to all this I think it might be interesting, and perhaps help others considering upgrades, fixes, etc.

Just a thought.

Are you suggesting that people simply contribute what they paid to repair some item, whether they did it themselves or paid a pro to do it?  I don't know how interesting that may be, but why not start a thread with your own contribution and see how many join in?  If everybody ignores it, you have one possible answer. But if a number of people join in...

Yes, Gary. May not be real interesting, but would give people an idea of what six tires, mounted and balanced, cost... stuff like that. I haven't tackled much yet, but am curious about many items - springs for the jacks, new headlights, cost to change all belts, hoses, etc. Just a thought.

I've read just about everything on this great site!

This kind of thread could be very useful, ie, new door handle - ebay, $83, less than 30 minutes to self install. 
I would hope that people can refrain from comments,"What, you paid $200 for a new tire!?! You were robbed!" 

DonBabin,

I would strongly suspect a lead somewhere in the system that is allowing water to seep through somewhere and fill the gray tank.  However, your question should be on a new thread all to itself, as it does not deal with the subject.  Other posters may not appreciate the highjacking of the thread.

Carl

s2kskibum said:
As a resource for owners, and not to EVER tell anyone they got ripped off(costs of repair can differ!), or ANY other drama(some people might like pink shag carpet...), might anyone else think a thread that would list the following would be helpful?

RV year and model; broken, damaged, or dead part, or upgrade/remodel; and cost to repair/replace. Do it yourselfers could include cost of parts and time involved, maybe level of difficulty.

As I am new to all this I think it might be interesting, and perhaps help others considering upgrades, fixes, etc.

Just a thought.

You're post is in broken english. Are you a spammer?

6 new shoes for the rig - just under a thousand mounted and balanced, with new valve extenders.

Storage - $2 a foot/month.

Still need to replace hoses and belts...

Reseal roof...

1994 Bounder 34J Ford

Your suggestions is kinda what the entire forum is already all about.  ;)  Most of what you mentioned has probably been asked/answered before, or someone has done it and maybe never posted.  I'd suggest posting a thread for any upgrade/repair questions that you haven't found by scouring the archives, to see what kind of repair you get.

The problem with a thread detailing the repair items you mentioned, is that there are SO many factors between RV's that can drastically change the results.  For instance, my MH's 6 tires (16" Light Truck style) will be a whole lot cheaper than 6 22.5" big rig tires that many Diesel Pusher's have.  Same thing with belts/hoses and other maintenance items.  My front-end gas engine will be a whole lot different than a rear diesel.  Jacks, headlights, and storage costs are all very specific to make/model and geographic location, respectively.  I know those three items, for instance, have all been discussed in the past also.

Back
Top Bottom