The one that got away (almost)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great article Tom. I never knew not to move the fish back and forth in the water when reviving it. My dad has always told me that when you move it back and forth that the water gets into the gills easier and revives the fish faster, but I'll try this other way when I go fishing in a couple weeks.

I agree, Catch and release fishing is a good thing to do. Too many lakes up here have been fished out, and many of these rules have been made mandatory to try and get the fish population back. If people only voluntarily catch and released when fishing more often, I don't think near as many lakes would be fished out.

I try and do all I can to save the fish, but sometimes you know if you put them back in the lake they won't make it. One example would be when I was fishing barbless, but when the fish attacked the bait, it swallowed the hook sort of, so the hook was warped around it's gilles from inside the mouth...I kept that fish, there was alot of damage done to the breathing system unfortunately.

I wonder how a fishs' swim bladdar repairs itself if it ever burst. I've never had that happen to me, but I don't fish in very deep water - maybe 30 feet maximum.

Again, great article.

- Jeff L.

Back
Top Bottom