The search is over! Got a Class C today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeep07

Bought a 96 Fleetwood Tioga Montara Class C today.  This was the 2nd time I looked at it and I took it for a drive and did an pretty thourough inspection using the checklist on the site. After the owner threw in a bunch of covers etc we shook hands and set a time to meet at the bank.  30k miles on it. Ford 460, c6 trans etc.  4k gen, ducted heat and air. Brand new Load range E tires all the way around. Very clean inside and out and drove like a champ. I was impressed at how easy it was to drive.

Thanks for all your help with the questions.  Now it's time to go camping...

Happy driving, Jeep. Looks like you did your homework and it paid off. Thanks for checking out the forum first. Makes us all feel worthwhile.

carson FL

Congratulations and enjoy the heck out of that Tioga !!

Wendy
Alququerque NM - The Rally

Congratulations!  The fun has just begun.  Please don't be a stranger around here.  As you embark on the wonderful fun of RV travel you will surely have questions to ask, experiences to share, and new friends to meet.  Don't be a lurker.

davemittan said:
Congratulations, Jeep!

What's the length of this rig?   Got any pics?

Its 29 Feet
sure do have some pics.. That's the Previous Owner in the pictures. http://picasaweb.google.com/lucentglow/96TiogaMontaraClassC?authkey=Gv1sRgCNfphOCX1q70QA#

Looks like a great rig, Jeep!  I like the layout - it looks quite functional.

Thanks for the pics!

Hey Jeep, looks great and I bet you'll have fun!  If Sherrie and I get around to going down your way I'll be hitting you up for recommendations on good places for ATVing.  Maybe by then she'll let me get her jeep muddy and have some real fun with it as opposed to seeing in in the garage/driveway or being on pavement!

Nice looking outfit!  I'm sure you will get many years of pleasure from it.

Don't be a stranger around here.

No stranger here. I've spent the last 2 evenings under this thing installing Air Lift Bags and an Air lift compressor kit because I have them on my truck for towing heavier trailers and they work wonders so I figured they would allow me to tune the ride to my comfort depending on wind etc...  Also put a nice brake controller on it and a tow bar on my jeep. I was going to just put my wifes car on my 16' trailer and tow it but I was worried I couldn't find a spot big enough to park the trailer.  Last but not least I rented a spot down in Pigeon Forge TN today for this weekend so we can go try her out. 

Took the rig on our first trip. We had a blast.  We went down to Pigeon Forge TN and stayed at River Plantation RV Park.  It was a nice park but almost to nice for us..  But it was a great spot for the first timer as there were several camping stores and a walmart close by for those items we forgot.

Here is a pic all loaded up.

Attachments

• IMG_1292 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1292 [800x600].JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 52
Glad you enjoyed your first trip. Just think of the possibilities for the future !

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom