The "Sucker List"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a 12 ton jack, just in case I needed to jack up the motorhome. I am never jacking that thing up and if I did I didn't get jack stands and don't carry enough wood for dunage. That is why I got ERS in the first place.
Jim

Gary RV Roamer said:
We've bought a ton of less-than-valuable stuff over the years, but blissfully my memory fails to recall any specifics.

Just check out the As Seen On TV commercials and you memory will come back.  ;)

We have a garage cabinet dedicated to "gotta haves" / "never use" items. Looking back it is more of a "what were you thinking" attitude but I guess it was fun at the time. :D

Sew2bhappy, where did you find the lighted palm tree?  I saw one in an RV and I thought it was adorable!  I also saw a lighted martini glass!!  I would love to get one of these and put it in the front window while camping, but I don't know where to find them....any one know?

We bought a string of those little lantern lights to hang from the awning in the campground. Used once and then carried around the country for 3 years before giving them away. I somehow ended up with 4, yes 4 water pressure valves. Don't ask cause I can't figure it out either. Also had 2 of those rubber water spigot attachments where one end is just rubber to attach on a spigot you can't screw your hose into. Both still in their packages unused for 15 years. I bought a package of heavy guranteed to never rust metal stakes for hammering into the ground to anchor the awning when I detach the awning arms from the rig. Carried them around for years and still have never detached the awning arms from the rig. Fortunately, none of our "what were we thinking?" purchases cost very much.

sew2bhappy said:
I bought one of those collapsible dish drainers from Costco.  It fit (barely) under the sink...BUT!  It took up way to much room on the counter and I quickly gave up trying to open and close it. 
I almost bought one of those lighted palm trees.

I gave up the dish drainer notion early on after realizing how much room it took .  Now I just put down a microfiber towel on counter that absorbs the drips.  It hangs to dry inside a cupboard door. 
I  still want a lighted Palm Tree.  I love them but .....

I bought several packages of magnet mount LED lights powered by 3 AA batteries. Motion sensor for turning on/off. Every time I try to use one, the batteries are dead. I figured it would be nice to have lights without draining the main batteries. Didn't work out so well.

CampFool ~~  Bought a few of those myself a year or so ago.  Never changed the batts ~~ They were still working well when needed in 'power outage' couple of weeks ago. Did have them in "off" position when not in use tho. JM2?

CampFool said:
I bought several packages of magnet mount LED lights powered by 3 AA batteries. Motion sensor for turning on/off. Every time I try to use one, the batteries are dead. I figured it would be nice to have lights without draining the main batteries. Didn't work out so well.
Ahh, now that's good to know.  Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom