The West Coast with the Wishard"s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THE-BigLarry said:
"Spook" needs one of those big floppy hairy slobbering Newfoundland puppies to keep him company as he stands watch. . . . .

And you know what those puppies become. ::)

Henry Wishard said:
  Thanks Steve, I hope the posts will help you with your trip. We arrived in Port Angeles, Wash. today and staying about 10 mile east at Rainbow End RV Park. Staying a week and will be posting some pics of our adventure. Tune in a later date for pics.

Henry, we drove "around" each other. We were in Port Townsend for nine days, but left Wednesday and headed south on 101(east). Today we are in Shelton, but will head out to near the coast at Hoquiam/Aberdeen. On the 16th we will come back to the area south of Seattle (Puyallup).

Are you going to go north to Victoria and Vancouver Island. We really enjoyed our 4 days in Victoria and further north 3 days in Parksville and 5 days in Campbell River. My favorite was Campbell River.

Enjoy your trip, maybe our paths will cross.

ken

Ken, we are making this trip up as we go. We get up in the morning  and check wind speed to determine if we should travel that day. To answer your question we are going to Vancouver on some day trips. Spending a week here in Sequim then a week in Hoodsport. We will be spending a week in Bend, Or. During the FMCA rally. I will check out Clarksville and Campbell River. If they are in Canada I won't be taking the rig. You know all us Texans carry our weapons with us.
  Larry for you and Jeff, you would not believe how much the dogs slobber. The owners carry beach towels with them to clean up there mess.

Henry
You will have to come over to Redmond for a happy hour as it is not that far from Bend.  We plan on being in Bendd the week after the FMCA rally.  We loved the area where you are now, especially Port Townsend.  Great campground at the fort in town, right on the water..

Sheila

Yesterday was a good slow day for us. We started out at the John Wayne Marina. John donated The land for the public use. Drove over to Dungeness Spit. There is a 12 mile round trip walk out to the new Lighthouse. Needless to say we didn't take the hike all the way out. Only went to the viewing area.
  Today a trip out to Hurricane Ridge. A 3.2 mile round trip mostly uphill to the ridge. The scenery was just magnificent. We saw deer, and all type of birds. On the drive back down we saw a Bear and 2 cubs. Here are a few pics of the Marina and Hurricane ridge at 5242 feet elevation.

Attachments

• Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 002.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 002.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 003.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 003.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 011.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 011.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 015.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 015.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 018.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 018.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 024.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 024.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 026.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 026.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 030.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 030.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 036.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 036.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 18
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 041.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 041.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 17
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 047.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 047.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 16
  • Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 050.JPG
    Sequim & Hurricane Ridge 050.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 18
Henry Wishard said:
    Drove over to Dungeness Spit. There is a 12 mile round trip walk out to the new Lighthouse. Needless to say we didn't take the hike all the way out. Only went to the viewing area.

Henry we did take the hike out to the lighthouse. Hard walking in the rocky beach, but fum never the less. Even got to go up to the light platform in the tower.
Only bad thing was that we didn't plan on going all the way out, so while we took water we didn't take our lunch. We were very hungry by the time we got back to the car.

Attachments

• P1030608.JPG
    P1030608.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 23
  • P1030609.JPG
    P1030609.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030616.JPG
    P1030616.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 25
Henry, Your travels are making me wish I was  full timing again.  I am  living your trip daily and can almost hear your evening stories.  Will be looking forward to you stories when we meet up at the Redmond Rally! Spectacular photos!

BB

Henry I am following along on your trip enjoying the pictures especially the ones with wild flowers & snow toped mountains in the background and Ken & Shella loved the lighthouse pictures. We left El Paso This morning on I 10 tonight we are in Benson Arizona so we are half way to California, will post some pictures when I get them organized

Billy Bob, I hope you took my suggestion and stayed at the SKP park in Benson. Can't wait to see Betty and Terry's new paint job on their coach. 
  Ken the tide was coming in in about 2 hours after we arrived and the lady at the gate suggested we didn't start at that time.
  Today we started Breakfast at "Oak Table" restaurant in Sequim. Great service and even better food. We would suggest this to anyone close to Sequim. Headed in to tour Port Townsend. Visited the Wooden Boat Foundation and the Point Wilson light house in Fort Worden. Then headed back to Sequim and just as we made the turn back on Hwy 101 we spotted "Smitty's Fat Burger Joint" stopped in to have a Smitty Fat burger and boy was it fat. Very good burger and I would split one burger if you are not a big eater. The service was a little slow but there was about 30 Boy Scouts in the restaurant. The wall and ceiling is covered with money in all denominations. It was taken down about 2 years ago and given to charity. Somewhere around $10,000.00. The picture below shows how much that has been collected in 2 years.
  Tomorrow off to Victoria on a day trip.

Attachments

• Port Townsend 002.JPG
    Port Townsend 002.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 18
  • Port Townsend 003.JPG
    Port Townsend 003.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Port Townsend 007.JPG
    Port Townsend 007.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Port Townsend 008.JPG
    Port Townsend 008.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Port Townsend 009.JPG
    Port Townsend 009.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Port Townsend 014.JPG
    Port Townsend 014.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Port Townsend 016.JPG
    Port Townsend 016.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Port Townsend 018.JPG
    Port Townsend 018.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 14
  • Port Townsend 021.JPG
    Port Townsend 021.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 11
  • Port Townsend 026.JPG
    Port Townsend 026.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 12
  • Port Townsend 025.JPG
    Port Townsend 025.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 24
It's been a very busy 2 days first taking the COHO over to Victoria, B.C. We visited the city on a day trip and walked the streets of Victoria. Visited the Parliament Bldg., China town, and took the double deck bus tour around the city. Lots to see here in one day. We did not go to the Butchart Gardens however. Here are a few of our pics of the town.

Attachments

• Victoria 003.JPG
    Victoria 003.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Victoria 004.JPG
    Victoria 004.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Victoria 005.JPG
    Victoria 005.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Victoria 006.JPG
    Victoria 006.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Victoria 009.JPG
    Victoria 009.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Victoria 010.JPG
    Victoria 010.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Victoria 011.JPG
    Victoria 011.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Victoria 015.JPG
    Victoria 015.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Victoria 020.JPG
    Victoria 020.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Victoria 041.JPG
    Victoria 041.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Victoria 048.JPG
    Victoria 048.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 11
  • Victoria 056.JPG
    Victoria 056.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 14
    Yesterday we were off on another ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville. The fog was so thick the Captain once announced we might have to turn around and go back but the landing was finally spotted and they were able to dock. Coupeville was socked in so we headed toward Anacortes where it was clear. After visiting through out the city we drove to Cape Sande for a great view. The ladies in the bank there recommended taking the drive to the top of Mt. Erie. Very nice drive through a beautiful forest and loads of birds.
  We drove back into Oak Harbor and had a very good lunch at the local Mexican Food restaurant. Them off to Coupeville where the fog had cleared and spent the rest of the days walking around the Harbor and old town Coupeville. We even looked at a couple of houses that was for sale over looking the water. Are we Crazy or What?
  The picture of the headstone tell a sad story of a young man accident on the Mountain.

Attachments

• Anachortes 001.JPG
    Anachortes 001.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 11
  • Anachortes 003.JPG
    Anachortes 003.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Anachortes 007.JPG
    Anachortes 007.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Anachortes 011.JPG
    Anachortes 011.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Anachortes 011.JPG
    Anachortes 011.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Anachortes 014.JPG
    Anachortes 014.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Anachortes 015.JPG
    Anachortes 015.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Anachortes 025.JPG
    Anachortes 025.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 12
Great pics and stories Henry.  Keep em' comin. We hope we get a chance to see you in Redmond!

Steve & Dee

We did not go to the Butchart Gardens however

Isn't Victoria in a lovely setting?  I see you were in front of the Empress Hotel.  When you return to Victoria so you can visit Butchart Gardens, which is a whole day visit itself, you can return to the Empress and have High Tea there.  It's a real kick to do that.  And so very British.

ArdraF

Steve N Dee said:
Great pics and stories Henry.  Keep em' comin. We hope we get a chance to see you in Redmond!

Steve & Dee

Same here Henry except for the Redmond part but maybe our paths will cross some were down the road would be nice  to meet you-all. We are a long way behind you spent our first night of this trip in in Calif last night at The Californian RV Resort In Aocton just off Calif 10 NE 0f L. A.   

Arrived today in Hoodsport, Washington and the crab pots are already out. Everyone said that crabbing is slow so I guess we will find out. We have 7 days here at Glen Ayr rv park with a view of Hood Canal.  As I was walking over to the fishing pier an Eagle flew over.
  I am not fishing after looking at the fishing regulations I discovered that you have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to understand it all.
  Hello to Steve and Dee, Ardra and Billy Bob. Thanks for posting.

Here are a few pics of our adventure. As they said crabbing here is real slow. Pulled up my crab pots today. Washington State does not allow crabbing on Tuesday & Wednesday. Margaret and I visited a water fall today and drove to the top of Mt. Walker for the view.
  The black berries are starting to get ripe and picked a couple of quarts today. Berry cobbler tomorrow.

Attachments

• Glen Ayr 003.JPG
    Glen Ayr 003.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Glen Ayr 005.JPG
    Glen Ayr 005.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Red Rock Crab 004.JPG
    Red Rock Crab 004.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Rocky Brook Water fall 001.JPG
    Rocky Brook Water fall 001.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 15
  • Rocky Brook Water fall 021.JPG
    Rocky Brook Water fall 021.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Rocky Brook Water fall 025.JPG
    Rocky Brook Water fall 025.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Rocky Brook Water fall 027.JPG
    Rocky Brook Water fall 027.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 14
Very nice really enjoying your photos. Boy does Blackberry Cobbler sound good, are those in your picture wild berries? We have a whale watching tour out of Ventura on the 24th and then we head north some were around San Francisco don't know just were kind of playing by ear.

Henry you have been stomping all over our favorite Washington stomping grounds! Our last five years working were in Arlington, 35 miles or so from Annacortes.

Back
Top Bottom