Thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NFranzen

I have the attached thermostat below that came on a new to us camper we just bought. We have heat and AC and it controls both. I am wanting to change it out with a digital thermostat. What should I be looking for? Thanks for the help.
Neal
IMG_20230219_181649_01.jpg

There are various guides online of how to adapt Hunter and Honeywell brand residential thermostats for RV use. Here is a link to one of many youtube videos that show the process step by step, Some people add a high/low fan switch, some just wire them to be high fan all the time.

Coleman-Mach offers a variety of digital thermostats for RVs, one or more of which ought to easily replace your older analog model. Looks like you need a model that handles both heating (furnace) and cooling. Does your rig have a heat pump or plain a/c? The thermostats controls are a bit different.

What is your make/model? it makes a difference which 'stat is required. Some Coleman digital 'stats for RV's are 24V and might require a transformer to operate in an aftermarket application..

Thanks for that information Gary. That gives me the green-light to proceed with my idea to install an Ecobee 4 WiFi thermostat in our MH. The 24V was my stumbling block and a transformer appeared to be the only solution.
That would give me the ability to monitor inside temperature, change settings, etc. from anywhere I had cellular phone service via the Ecobee website.

This has AC and a furnace as well. I would think I could replace it with one that handles that and uses AA or AAA batteries to power it, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom