These folks just don't get it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are contemplating moving to a gated community. The Air Force Enlisted Village in Shalimar, Florida. More power to the 1%?s that can afford a multi million dollar RV and park it in a gated community and travel there from their multi million dollar home in another gated community. Nothing against the folks that can afford this lifestyle. I?m sure most of them earned it.

We've stayed in a couple of them from time to time, e.g. Hilton Head in North Carolina and The Great Outdoors in Florida.  We find the parks quite pleasant and the people as warm & friendly as RVers anywhere.  Just operating on a somewhat higher plane.  Pricey to be sure, but the level of maintenance and amenities are commensurate.

The parks typically aren't just open lawns with paved driveways. Many have nicely landscaped & wooded sites that are isolated from each other. People walk around or ride golf carts, stop and chat, etc.
I've attached a photo of a site we borrowed for awhile at Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort.

Attachments

• DSC01105 (Large).JPG
    DSC01105 (Large).JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 51
That is lovely.  I say people can live anyway they want - as long as they pay for it, all is well. :)

johnhicks said:
  The author needs to get out more.

I agree. It seemed to me the author doesn't get it. He clearly doesn't like or understand Rving, for which there are a multitude of ways. If he needs it explained to him, then he'll never get it.

I'd hide my face behind a mirror too, if I had written that article.

SeilerBird said:
What a crazy thought. Jerry and Ardra as hippies. ::)

I guess Jerry could be a senior hippy???? LOL, if he let his hair grow.    Some of us would love to let our hair grow!

The funny part of that article is the location that it is the subject. I have been to LVMCR several times. Calling those RV's "gas guzzlers" is pretty funny, since most of them in there NEVER move!  Many are over the 10 year rule, as they belong to owners that brought them in and shut them off,  never to move again.

The writer is just throwing stones, seeing what bee hive she can stir up. Almost everything in her article is not factual at all. I could move into LVMCR and pay WAY less than I was paying on the stick house in Ca.  Maybe she just has "RV travel envy"  and resents those of us that travel around this great country and enjoy the people and places.

SargeW said:
Maybe she just has "RV travel envy"  and resents those of us that travel around this great country and enjoy the people and places.

She does seem to have a problem with people who can afford to live the way they choose.

taoshum said:
I guess Jerry could be a senior hippy???? LOL, if he let his hair grow.    Some of us would love to let our hair grow!

I'd let my hair grow, but with what hair I have left I am better off wearing a flattop... :(

Oldgator73 said:
I just comb the hair on back forward to cover the honkin big bald spot on top of my head.  ;D

I don't have enough on top for a flattop, DW just buzzes off what's left every once in a while.

I should be surprised that a NYC elitist doesn't understand why some people that worked hard their entire lives want to finally live and do something beyond the status quo?  ::)

Gods Country said:
I should be surprised that a NYC elitist doesn't understand why some people that worked hard their entire lives want to finally live and do something beyond the status quo?  ::)

Right?  She probably doesn't even know what "working hard" means.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom