Thetford toilet issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
catblaster said:
    One foot column of water equals .433 psi and one inch column of mercury equals .49 psi .  Figures we had to use back when I had a J O B.

So that would mean if the top of the vent pipe was about 8' above the tank, then I was pressurizing the tank about 4 PSI more than the factory tested the tank. No wonder they don't test them at a higher pressure. They would most likely blow everytime.
Thanks Will.

Thanks for all of your replied as I plan to try and cut it off tomorrow. As far as the water travelling up the pipe I have not gone on the roof but it seems I always smell a sewer type odor but can't find where it is coming from. Now I am worried more so than before.

Well I finally got the flange off after hours of carefully cutting with a reciprocating saw and chiseling the old glue off. As it turned out it was not a screw on type. It is now in excess of 100 broken up pieces. Now I don't know if I can ever get a new one on as it is very rough as the limited space to work with and the glue still stuck on may cause some issues. I have to order a new flange and see how things go from there. I think I may have to use a thin file to try and smooth it out.
The pop I think the family heard was the screws popping out of the sub floor as it appears it separated the plywood.

I was able to rig up what I believe was the only option. At my local TT dealer parts department I was able to get a sewer adapter that fit perfectly inside the existing downtube and it was threaded on top. I then found a closet flange with an inside thread pattern, screwed the 2 together, dropped them into the downtube and screwed down the closet flange. I used a little pipe dope around the top of the tube just in case and everything now works perfectly.
Again I wanted to thank every one for your suggestions.
Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom