Think You Had a Bad Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom, I think thats the more likely scenario..LOL

"Hey dear, I got the chassis lube all done on the front like I said I would..."

"Houston, we have a problem". I would be interested in seeing the recovery.

This picture has been circulating on Facebook and there are quite a few people who believe it has been Photoshopped.  Notice that there is no damage to cargo bay doors or the tail end, both of which would have had to have contacted the wall it supposedly drove through.  Furthermore, if someone had been backing it, why didn't he/she stop after the rear of the MH struck the wall, long before the wheels went over the edge?

Don't think it's photoshopped,,,, shadows look right, and there does appear to be damage in front of the rear wheels.  They must have had a bit of speed up when it went over.  I will give it that it appears to have stayed structurally sound,,, still straight as an arrow.

I agree, zooming in shows the contact point just in front of the rear wheels. With just a little speed, it likely didn't take much sliding to reach the balance point on a DP. At that point, gravity took over. The rear contact point would have been the brick pillar seen on the ground along with the attached fence sections, so any damage from that would be out of sight on the rear bumper.

I think my recovery plan would call for an HD twin boom rotator positioned at a 90 deg. angle at the rear to raise the coach to near level, and then a extending boom swing to place the coach back on the upper level. If the weight was too much for the extended boom, I could use the second boom to anchor off the opposite side to another truck. It might also be worth having another truck to anchor the front to prevent further sliding damage. An expensive deal all around, in any case...

I can usually tell if an image has been Photoshopped but I can't tell on this one. It is too small and crappy of an image to tell. If I had to guess I would say it is real. The bay door that is damaged behind the rear wheel and the dent where the rear bumper is both look real to me. If it is a Photoshop job my hat is off to the guy or gal. That would be tricky to get the bus and the railing just right. But one thing bothers me. Why is the front wheels cocked?

SeilerBird said:
But one thing bothers me. Why is the front wheels cocked?

If the driver used the steering wheel for support getting out of the drivers seat and to the door, he'd pull on the right side of the wheel.  With no weight on the front wheels the steering wheel would essentially freewheel until the wheels hit the right hand lock, then he'd have a solid support to hang onto.

This goes back to my argument, that you should ALWAYS have someone backing you up.  As far as photo shopped, the railing and brick colum is sitting where it should be if the driver backed into it. Looks real to me.

Jack up the back end build a platform, and drive it back on the tereferma.

A lot of cribbing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVMan78
Back
Top Bottom