Thinking about full-time - Yikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy is almost dead on the money about the time issue.  I've been retired for 13 yrs now and I can't find time to do anything.  Always something to do.  It's caused me to develop one of my favorite saying.  "I'm going so fast I'm starting to back talk myself>"  In time you'll do the same thing.  Good Luck and as Larry the Cable guy says  "Get ur done"

I second Ron.  Rent for a week or two.  Yes, it will not be cheap, but you are making a big jump.  Since you are in So. California (like me), I would recommend El Monte Rents.  They are a good outfit that started out local and now is international.  Their LA outlet is in So. El Monte last time I looked.  They have a very complete website.

For a sampler trip I would recommend January and the desert.  Take two weeks.  First week do Anza Borrego Desert State Park in Borrego Springs.  I like the Palm Canyon RV Resort there.  Nice place -- swimming pool, spas, and restaurant.  Jeep tours are available.

Second week, take I-10 and  join the RVForum over in Quartzite, AZ for our annual rally there.  See the topic over in Ralleys, Shows and Events.  There you will meet the gang and more than a few full timers.  You can talk over the prospects with them.  You will be camping with no services (boondocking) so let El Monte know that in renting you a unit.  The camping fees are zilch, just the BLM fee which was $25 for 14 days the last time I was there.

Carl,  thanks for the info.  I'm trying to get my hubby to rent.  Says we will but since we'll only be gone a few weeks we really won't 'get' the full time feel.  I'm definately not jumping into this without first trying it out. 

Does El Monte RV rent 5th wheels?  That's what we really seem to like although I'm not ruling out a motorhome....husband doesn't like the low ceilings tho.

When in January is the rally in Az? 

Can ya tell I'm really scared?  This is a huge decision and I'm not a risk taker like my husband.

If you're nervous, by all means Rent. And Carl's tour sounds like a great one....can't beat the desert in winter. As for ceiling heights, Class A motorhomes have pretty high ceilings.....we often joke that, being vertically challenged, our motorhome could be a foot shorter and we wouldn't care.

Pattipl said:
Carl,? thanks for the info.? I'm trying to get my hubby to rent.? Says we will but since we'll only be gone a few weeks we really won't 'get' the full time feel.? I'm definately not jumping into this without first trying it out.?

Does El Monte RV rent 5th wheels?? That's what we really seem to like although I'm not ruling out a motorhome....husband doesn't like the low ceilings tho.

When in January is the rally in Az??

Can ya tell I'm really scared?? This is a huge decision and I'm not a risk taker like my husband.

El Monte generally rents motorhomes, mostly Class Cs.? ?You are sampling the life style not the unit.? Anza Borrego's Palm Canyon will give you exposure to the delights of a good commercial? RV resort.  January is high season so make reservations when you reserve your RV.

Quartzite will give you exposure to lived in Class As and 5ers and folks who will take you around them.? ?Go see the topic.? Click HERE to get the entire story.? Do not hesitate to ask question there.

Back
Top Bottom