Thoughts on Flying J Overnights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always taken the position of " Truckers are working and need to get down the road and I am vacation", so I always let them get on the road ahead of me, etc... I have found that if you treat people right most of the time they will respond well.  Of course, there are bad individuals in ever walk of life. Best to not let those folks effect your life.

Frank

carson said:
  I had a customer in my retail electronic store who punched me in the face for just asking why he wanted to return an item bought months ago.  He was a well dressed normal 50 year old.  Weird ?

He may have been well dressed, but he's far from normal.  He's not a customer, he's a criminal.

My wife works in retail.  If someone does that to her, it may be their final act on this planet.

Another consideration when parking at Truck Stops, many of them require you to back into a parking stall. If you have to go through unhooking your towed, you might find this a huge inconvenience.

Another place I see folks stop overnight at are malls and hospitals. Both have well lit secured parking lots. Just be sure to check with the local security people as it may not be permitted due to local ordinances.

Just got back from a trip and used Flying J three nights.  But I never parked in the truck stop area and wouldn't.  The area out front that is for RV's is perfect and much quieter than the area out back where trucks park.  I never stopped until evening and there was always room.  I know that could vary as some stations had twenty or more spots and some had maybe six.  But they were relatively quiet after ten or so and yes, I always get gas and at least coffee in the morning before I leave. 

Most Flying-J's have pull through RV parking spots, Sometimes you find Semi tractors or cars no trailer parked in 'em but the sign clearly says RV ONLY.

The biggest issue with a "J" is they are noisy.. This bothers me not.

Back
Top Bottom