Tiffin Allegro - What does the "Allegro" define??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KandT

There are so many types of Tiffan Allegros that I was wondering what the "Allegro" signified.  They seem to come in all different sizes and gas or diesel all with different abilities. 

Is Allegro their "entry" RV?  If so they seem to come in a wide assortment and some of which I personally wouldn't consider entry.  But then I am a country bumpkin!?

I think the Allegro was Tiffin's entry-level coach. We had one for almost 13 years, and while it didn't have some of the amenities of the other models, we considered it to be a very nice motorhome. Tiffin also made/makes the Allegro Bay, the Allegro Bus and the Allegro Open Road.

Kev

It doesn't really signify anything - it's just a marketing brand name. As Kevin illustrated, "Allegro" is used in several Tiffin model names from entry level to high end. Different chassis, different engines, various lengths, and a wide variety of trims and amenities. Plus changes from year to year as well as among models. Trying to attach any special significance to "Allegro" would be like doing the same for "Chevrolet".

The early Tiffin coaches were given the Allegro name and that name gained wide recognition on the highways and among the RV buying public, so Tiffin used it in one form or another on many of their models. It wasn't until the Phaeton model achieved broad popularity that another Tiffin brand label became widely known.

Yep, the story goes that when Bob Tiffin was just starting to build RV's in the 60's, he was comtemplating a variety of different brand names.  He asked his wife, Judy for her opinion.  After some thought, Judy came up with "Allegro". One reason being the name Allegro would put them first in many search documents (IE the phone book) , and the term Allegro as applied to music indicates "a tempo marking indicate to play fast, quickly and bright".  She liked the connotation, and so did Bob.  Thus the Allegro brand RV was officially born. 

And it's true, I asked him in person at a rally in Texas last year!

Great story Marty, thanks.

One reason being the name Allegro would put them first in many search documents (IE the phone book).

When we first moved to the US, I was sitting in a motel room with an uninsured (new) car in the parking lot. I picked up the yellow pages, not knowing anything about US insurance companies. I chose  a guy who's name began with 'B', and we met at 10:00pm in a restaurant to secure a binder.

He happened to be an ex-probation officer who was starting a State Farm agency, and he had 100% of my insurance business (including cars, RV, homeowners, life insurance) for many years, until he hung up his boots. We had many phone conversations and some lunches over the years to reminisce over that night at the restaurant.

Too funny Tom! I remember when the Yellow Pages was the most important book in your home. That is where the search started for everything.  Now days it's all right here on my phone in the palm of my hand.

Aye Marty, I'm surprised to see that they still publish printed Yellow Pages in some/many communities.

Oddly, we now get two different "yellow pages" directories every year. Apparently they are a lucrative source of ad revenue, so multiple publishers put them out and deliver to my home for free.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Oddly, we now get two different "yellow pages" directories every year. Apparently they are a lucrative source of ad revenue, so multiple publishers put them out and deliver to my home for free.
Do you have any reason to use them, or even keep them?

We still get them dropped off for free, too. And once in a great while we'll use them, but it's rare these days, vs. a few years back when we used them every few days.

To be correct, we don't have threads here. Unlike our prior forum software, replies are posted to a topic rather than to an individual message. And yes, "thread drift" has always been common here. The staff try to manage it, but we don't always succeed.

Yes my question was answered and I appreciate it!!  Just joking all - no complaints here!!

Do you have any reason to use them, or even keep them?

Actually, yes.  Local handymen and other small businesses often do not have websites, or their info online is obsolete. I throw the yellow pages book on a shelf, "just in case".

To be more specific, Tiffin makes an "Allegro" and an "Allegro Bus".  The Allegro bus is Tiffin's higher end diesel pusher.  The plain "Allegro" is their range of gas motorhomes.  Tiffin also has a "Phateon" brand which is a less expensive line of DP'ers than the Bus.  OOPS, I almost forgot Tiffin also makes an "Allegro Breeze" which is a short, about 31' long DP. 

I wouldn't call any of the Tiffin MH's "entry level" though. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canuk River Rat
Back
Top Bottom