Tile Back-splash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the finished product from Betty's idea.....I know putting them around the stove top is not such a good idea but I have a piece of stainless steel that we take out of the cabinet and set on the left side to block the heat. We have done that before the smart tiles were installed. I just never liked the idea of a flame being that close to combustibles.

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_185855434 (Small).jpg
    IMG_20140420_185855434 (Small).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 142
Looks great!  Was it easy? I note you filled a narrow area along under stove.  Very professional looking. 

Thank you Betty, It was easy except for the extra 2 trips to home depot for "just one more piece" of tile. I debated over the strip of tile along the stove but used the leftovers and afterwards thought it looked good enough to leave in place.

When I showed this topic to Chris yesterday, she headed off to Home Depot and Lowes, and we now have a tiled backsplash in the bathroom of our coach.

Here's the before and after pics of our bathroom backsplash. Chris used adhesive tape to attach them, and painted some wood trim to create upper & lower trims. She's making noises about the kitchen backsplash.

Rats, iPhone pics almost always display upside down  ???

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 80
  • After1.jpg
    After1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 81
  • After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 68
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 75
  • Tape.jpg
    Tape.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 78
Tell Chris  it is beautiful.  What was the brand of tile used?  I did not see that option when selecting my tiles.  Also was the adhesive  spray just for the wood trim or for the  tiles too?

Thanks Betty. I'll ask Chris which brand of tile. Meanwhile, the only "adhesive" used for the tile and the trim was the special double-sided tape made for the job (shown in one of the pictures).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom