time sensitive question Watkins Glen NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliver quibble

hi,
We have a 31' gas Class A. We need to have the oil changed, but my internet search has left me still searching here in town.
We are headed to West Point next and can wait for the change and get it in route. We will probably stop someone halfway.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Since I am writing do people have suggestions for routes to West Point? We love going slower and traveling thru towns and avoiding interstates when possible.
Thanks, 
Oliver (Stephanie)

By the way if anyone is interested. We began looking for our rig close to 3 years ago with many questions and all good answers from this forum. We left FL in May, with relatively no problems. The few problems we had, I would pull up the forum and find the answers or best guesses.

One tip, I may pass along is helping keep the sun our, thus the temperature lower in the RV. I am sure my solution will help if and when we get to the colder temperatures and need the opposite help.

Bought foil bubble wrap insulation at home improvement store while in Branson MO. I cut it to fit and wonderful. Roll the pieces up, rubber band and toss them in the bedroom while in route.

Most quick change oil places like Jiffy Lube will do an oil change on a gas motorhome - the only qualification is the entry door being large enough to let the RV drive over the pit.  Same for Wal-Mart lube centers.

The best route from WGI to west point is 17 south to 84 east to 9w south.

I've called a couple of Walmarts where I live and they've said no to RV oil changes and seem to think that "no Walmarts" do them. But I've read people on this forum say they've gone to Walmart...so now I'm confused by my local Walmarts.

If all else fails call the local Towing and Recovery company, Find out where they go for oil changes, Odds are that shop can do RV's and other large vehicles as well.

Pep Boys has changed my oil in my F53 chassis motorhome. They did it outside, also I have had it changed in small one man shops before. I think if you ask around you will find a shop that can do it.

Last time I went to an "Authorized Dealer" for their 65 dollar oil change (yup, same price as if I'd been driving a big honking Chevy Pickup Truck)  They did it in the shop, but wheels down.. No hoist, The technician (Mechanic) just slid under on a creeper.

I'm over 6' and over 300 pounds and I can slide under on a creeper if the rig is parked on a hard surface.. NO JACKS NEEDED.

I would  stay away from  jiffy  lubes I know  they are all different but, my experience & other  people, I wouldn't  chance  it. Everything  from  over  tightened  oil filters, to my case of wanting  a jiffy  lube to check  the lube in a manual  transmission & offering  to pay for  checking  it, informed  they would  do it  at no charge,  after driving  100 miles after  they said  it was good,  I decided  I would  check  it just  to be  sure not  a drop of oil in the transmission . Luckily  I filled it  up & had no problems out of it & never  lost any oil ,  but  maybe  other  people  have  better luck  than me!?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom