Time to update the center console

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurt63

Was tired of the old center console/cupholder/storage tray on the doghouse so I decided to make a new more modern one.  Made from red oak with a natural stain and satin clear.  Used cupholders that match the standard type found in most MH and trailers.  By the way they are not a standard hole saw size so I sanded and filed to make fit.  They are the perfect size for my travel cup also.  The center cubby has a hole to run a cable from the radio so I can listen to my IPod or IPhone.  I wanted the lid to look clean so it recesses into the sides and not sitting on top.  The front tray has a rubber mat to keep stuff from sliding.  Took longer to make than I had hoped but gave me something to do after work.  8)

Included a few pictures plus one of the old console. 

Kurt 

Attachments

• P7150710.JPG
    P7150710.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 121
  • P7150711.JPG
    P7150711.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 98
  • P7150712.JPG
    P7150712.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 94
Very nice job. You might wish to consider changing the size of your photos to something like 800 x 600. They will be easier to display the entire image at one time in a browser.

Nice work Kurt. It's amazing how much labor goes into the "little things", and how much they can spruce up the total looks of an RV.

Thank you. 

Even though I had drawn it up there was some trial and error.  Cut several pieces a few times and made changes as I went along.  Next time purchase hinges first.  ::) 

Good part was I bought some new toys to add for my collection.  Router bits, new nail gun. 
Noted on the photos. 

zzyzx said:
Very nice job. You might wish to consider changing the size of your photos to something like 800 x 600. They will be easier to display the entire image at one time in a browser.
Tom, I thought the same thing.  Then I remembered my new laptop screen resolution is 1600x900.  The text is so small it is hard for me to read on the forum.  So, I just bumped up the browser zoom to 150%.  But, then I ran into this photo size issue, like you.  However, by switching back to normal, I can see the photos fine.  I could set my screen resolution lower, but other applications display quite readable and I like the extra screen realestate.

My point is the resolution Kurt63 is using may very well show his photos fine on his screen and he might not be aware of the problem others with a lower resolution might encounter.  So, for those trying to view photos larger than your screen, try reducing the zoom.

I can't even view the pics on my tiny laptop screen.  :-[  They are so enormous I am scrolling left and right and up and down and still only part of them loaded.  :'(

For future reference... there is a free program called "Easy Thumbnails".  Mine is set up (customized)  that I can right click on any pic and click "make thumbnail" and a smaller version of the pic shows up in a Thumbnail folder I set up, then I use those for uploading to here or my blog and so on. In my case, I've set the pic parameters to be not more than 600px per side but you can choose any size.

At the end of the day, I delete the thumbnail files so I still retain the jumbo pics for storage. The program can be customized to do all sorts of magic for you. I never even open the program, since I preset all the options the way I wanted them for what I need it for. Then it's a right click and you have the new pic resized for uploading instantly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HillcountryHusker
Back
Top Bottom