TIRE BRAND SUGGESTIONS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We put a wet of Kumho tires on our Freightliner a few years ago and close to 6000 miles. Have had had no problems with them. They was around 300 a piece back then.
Thanks very much for the info.

After lots of Research and speaking with quite a few people and stores. I have found some information. I put Falkens on my new pickup truck at the recommendation of a reputable tire dealer about a year ago. The tire guy actually talked me out of some other leadin brands and He said, "I guarantee you will like them". It's been almost a year with those and I love em. Here is a few research quotes from the internet and no they are not from Ad sites. I do have Falkens on the front and if I do finally go with the Falkens for the motorhome, I will keep you updated on how good they are as rear tires on my motorhome. Here is a quote from one motorhome owner.

Are Falken Tyres good quality?
In terms of value for money, Falken Tyres has proven to be the best mid-range product on the market right delivering performance equal to or better than it's Premium manufacturer competitors.
I have a few more quotes and reviews from Motorhome owners about the Falken brand ,and I will try to put them on here when I find them again. The tires I'm looking at are $337.00 a piece.

Here are a couple more. AND yes I know these are just opinions of people who own them. I do not represent in any way or fashion any company that sells anything of relation to motorhomes or cars or whatever!
Anyways here is a few more.
1) "I'm still very impressed with these tires after one year and 6K miles"

2) I've posted a couple times about these fantastic tires. Best tire for a motorhome you can buy. I'm on my second set and for less than 1/2 the price of the big name brands they just can't be beat. Falken/Ohtsu tires have actually been used by truckers for years. They used to be called Ohtsu but Falken rebranded the tires 5 years or so ago. I've got the 16 ply EcoRun RI-109 but I think the RI-150 replaced them.

Keep them inflated to the pressures my coach's weight specifies plus 5 pounds for safety margin. They are smooth, soft riding and quiet. The ones I took off after 7 years looked as good as the day I put them on, no rivering or funny wear patterns, not one sidewall crack, perfect. Shop manager wanted to know why we were replacing them, then gave me $100 for each one. Kept one for a spare. Very impressed with the Falken tires.

Last edited:
8muddypaws, Said: I put Sumitomos on mine. They have been perfect. They cost a few bucks more than Toyos But it was what they could get quickly.
$350 a tire? Good luck with that.

Reds toy said: After research I found out that Sumitomo makes Falken tires also.

Different class but I put Falkens on my MGB. They were a sport tire and I got poo-poo'd by the community. They are great tires. I've got like 6,000 miles on them. They are everything they were advertised to be. Very sticky, predictable sidewall in cornering, good in the wet.

Ex-Calif. Yea, I've been happy with the ones on my truck. Thanks for your input to.

Last fall our toad needed tires all around, we decided on Coopers. American made, at least automobile sizes. Our MH, we have Michelin’s all around, so far very satisfied. We store the MH inside, so hopefully we will have many more years of service from them.

Falkien makes a decent, reliable tire. Maybe not quite up there with the top-tier tire brands, but a respectable product at a very attractive price. I put a set on my GMC Acadia after I retired it from daily driver to occasional use. No complaints at all. Before that I used BF Goodrich, a Michelin brand.

Different class but I put Falkens on my MGB. They were a sport tire and I got poo-poo'd by the community. They are great tires. I've got like 6,000 miles on them. They are everything they were advertised to be. Very sticky, predictable sidewall in cornering, good in the wet.
Yea, I believe some people think the big names items are always the best stuff. But, if you do your research and really talk to people who have been driving rigs for many years they will often times tell you about items that are better then the so called "name items" where you will pay alot less and get just as good of a product.

The Goodyear 670 RV Tires are the best I’ve had. Drove 10years before the first one peeled!
The 670's ( all six) are what we have on our 35' georgetown and there isn't one of them that is round.... They thump from 52 to 58 MPH so I drive over the 58.. Usually around 60 to 63. Goodyear said that they would not do anything about it.... WILL NEVER buy Goodyear again...

The 670's ( all six) are what we have on our 35' georgetown and there isn't one of them that is round.... They thump from 52 to 58 MPH so I drive over the 58.. Usually around 60 to 63. Goodyear said that they would not do anything about it.... WILL NEVER buy Goodyear again...
My Continentals did that the first drive outta the dealer. I turned around and went back. The guy told me to drive faster for an hour. I had been driving like 55 and they were thumping. He said the balance beads need to distribute better.

I went back out and took the freeway out of town. an hour at 70 and they balanced right up.

Could be the balance beads never distributed right. Maybe you could get them dismounted and rebalance. Just a thought.

My Continentals did that the first drive outta the dealer. I turned around and went back. The guy told me to drive faster for an hour. I had been driving like 55 and they were thumping. He said the balance beads need to distribute better.

I went back out and took the freeway out of town. an hour at 70 and they balanced right up.

Could be the balance beads never distributed right. Maybe you could get them dismounted and rebalance. Just a thought.
Don't those beads have to start balancing over every time you move the unit ?? Or do they stay positioned after they balance the tire?

Anyone have any experience with Sailun tires?
I'm not sure where you guys are shopping, but Tires-Easy_Truck have some better prices than what I've seen posted on here for less than $300-350 per tire...

Name: SaxyAl/Type:2004 Tiffin Allegro
Miles:64000/Engine:8.1/Workhorse
Toad:Honda CR-V 2014

I just went down this road a few months ago. Once I saw what shipping tires costs, then paying a place to mount/balance/disposal and not have any local recourse for problems turned me off of online tires. Throw in you may/may not have a choice of date code which for RV's is a pretty big factor of value. I think part of the schtick to online tires is some of their inventory is getting stale. So irrespective of brand, be sure whatever deal you're getting has value above the time and effort you'll put into it.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Don't those beads have to start balancing over every time you move the unit ?? Or do they stay positioned after they balance the tire?
No. they are loose inside the tire and find a home once the tires start rolling, when stopped they will all fall to the bottom. I have see a wild video someone made with a Go Pro inside a tire with beads in it.

I have read somewhere that you need special tire valve stems that somehow keep the beads from getting into them.

I'm not sure where you guys are shopping, but Tires-Easy_Truck have some better prices than what I've seen posted on here for less than $300-350 per tire...

I bought Sailun Truck tires in 2017, before they became well-known in the lower 48. They were already a tried and true brand in Canada.
They have performed as well-or better than the Goodyear G670 tires they replaced.
In 2017 I bought 6 275R75/22.5" LR H tires, mounted,balanced and installed for a total of $1,380 at my local tire store.

Georgetownbob; Yes the tire beads must re-balance the tires after every stop. Same for the Centrimatic balancing rings. That's what the mfgrs websites state anyway.

I put Sailuns on my 14K 36ft 5W 3 years ago. There was a recall after the first year and they replaced all 5 for me, no cost so a year free. The last two years have been excellent, other than maintenance, a rotation and pressure check, they show no wear. We travel about 10K miles a year just returned from 2500 mile trip NM- AR- TX- NM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom