Tire buying time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Our rig tires are six years old, they are Michelin 225/75 16 LTX M/S  tires. Any advice on replacement tires for our Class C in the Ventura, CA area would be appreciated !  Tire Rack has them for $196 but having trouble finding an installer. Anyone have good luck with other than Michelin tires ?
Thanks>>>

Michelin has a very effective advertising campaign. hey make decent tires, but there are several other top tier brands that would do as well. Goodyear, Bridgestone, Toyo, Yokahoma, Cooper, Goodrich, ...

You should have no problem finding 225/75R16 - many light trucks use the same size. Just make sure the Load Range is the same as what you have now.

I worked for Michigan Dept of Trans for about five years, earlier this decade.  We had better wear experience with Goodyear than Michelin, on the larger truck tires.  I would not hesitate to purchase either though, in the size range you are talking about.

If you are a Sam's club member they can take care of you.  I use 16" Goodyear T/A in an E rating.  E is about the highest I could find for 16" tires.  I shredded one last week, and they replaced it free.  Apparently the stem broke, it lost air and shredded.  I never felt a thing.

I live in Santa Paula and recently installed tires on my 38 ft Dutch Star. They are 275/70-22.5 GGoodyear G169. Got a great deal from Rubens Tires in Santa Paula. Have been buying tires from him for many years and gives the best deal anywhere. He also stands behind his work.  Bob S.

My 29? Minnie has less than 1000 miles on it?s new set of 6 Open Country LT225/75R16 load range E steel belted HT tires by Toyo.  I find they ride as good or better than the 7 year old Michelins I replaced, quiet also.  I did some checking with members of this forum and another one prior to purchasing and got only positive comments. 

I'd put Toyo at the top of my list,  weighing  cost, quality, waranty, and consumer reports.
I just bought some Kumho's as all the others were out of stock, alot less expensive, and reviews are all positive,
But I am extremely over cautious about tires, I check before departing, and at each pee stop, I'll thump ea tire,
often in hot weather, I Use my lazer temp gun to check tire temps, ( like I said I'm over cautious)
but having been stranded yrs ago, I'd rather invest in the time to prevent problems, than the time to wait for help.

Back
Top Bottom