tire pressure monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunvale

Since my Winnebago View has a rack and pinion steering system, I have not been able to install a steering damper. So the next option is to monitor the tire pressure in the steerers. Has anyone found a place to purchase the inside the wheel sensors. I found valve stem sensors, but they are too easy to be disconnected by vandals. The other thing I'm concerned with is the solar system. I'm in south western Michigan and was wondering if there is anyone in the area that can give me some lessons on solar power. I have one panel on the roof, but would like to increase that without taking food out of my children mouth so that the dealer can do it.

Thousands of RV's have TPMS systems that screw on to the valve stem and I have never heard of one being stolen. It could happen, but it would be exceedingly rare.  If you are putting one on, it's highly recommended to put the system on all tires, not just the steer tires.  Most run flat tire blowouts happen on a rear tire occur because road debris is picked up by the front tires and is thrown at the rear tires. 

For info than you can absorb, go to the top of the page and use the "Search" function. Enter terms like "solar install" and you will get a wealth of information. 

I guess it depends on where you park your RV in regard to tire sensors being stolen. I have never heard of that being a problem. I did a quick search for Internal sensors and the reviews were not great.

In regards to your solar system....

We have a lot of folks that are doing solar on the site. Your first step would be to identify all of the components of your solar system. Pictures would also help. Don't forget to include information on your battery bank and how you make use of your solar.

I removed the rotating security covers on our TST TPMS sensors making them smaller and lighter. They've been like that on 6 motorhome and 4 toad wheels for almost 10 years, and haven't lost one yet. And no tools needed to remove them to air up a tire...

Ditto what Dutch said. I also have a PT50 surge suppressor/EMS, I don't lock it up either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom