Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems-your recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary RV Roamer said:
Heat deformed sensors? Wow. I had extensions on all 6 wheels on a previous coach and never ran into that problem. Maybe I didn't keep the wheels shiny enuf?  ;)

I'm with Gary. Never had such a problem in 10 years with PP, but my wheels aren't very shiny ;D

Jeff, I always unplug my display at nite, had the 3AM wakeup even without resetting the sensors. Sometimes just the overnite drop down to freezing is enough to lower the pressure enough to set off the warning.

I've had one sensor that bulged. On close inspection, I decided that what had happened is that the sensor leaked air into the housing and the air pressure bulged the housing. Perhaps a low temp adhesive or bad seal at the valve stem; or just a defective sensor.

I don't remember why I decided as I did and I no longer have the sensor so I can't go back and look.

Here is what a bulged sensor looks like.  It still works as well as the one on the right.

Attachments

• 100_1085 (Small).JPG
    100_1085 (Small).JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 48
Lou,
I have a couple that look like that and one that is worse. See picture.

Ken

Attachments

• P1000927.JPG
    P1000927.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 40
I must be just to senior to find the site for PressurePro. CampingWorld doesn't carry them. Any suggestions
where I can locate them? tks..

grammady said:
I must be just to senior to find the site for PressurePro. CampingWorld doesn't carry them. Any suggestions
where I can locate them? tks..

Just ask BernieD, he can help you out.

TST http://www.tsttruck.com/RV_Tire_Systems.html is one of the most popular systems.  Mine has been flawless.  $299 for the 6 tire system or $470 for the Pressure Pro. 
So many RVers rave about the superlative customer service from TST that makes the choice easy.  They have a new in tire system now that looks interesting. 

Just received our new Pressure Pro system from Bernie D.  It will be a couple of weeks before we can get them on the trailer to test them out.  Hopefully they will work well for us.

Robin

Joel, I should have seen your post, earlier. 

I installed a Tire Minder system about the time you posted.  It does the job I wanted it to do.  One sensor gives a somewhat inaccurate reading (90 lb. in a tire that measures 106 lb.).  Since I know it reads low, I haven't replaced it.

The peace of mind the system gives is worth the price.  I once had both duals on a motor home go flat, ruining both tires.  If one goes flat, that can easily ruin the other unless you stop right away.  Also, we enjoy the peace of mind knowing that the toad's tires are OK.

Back
Top Bottom