Tire Traker (TPMS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Anyone using the Tire Traker TPMS  (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)? Pros and cons will be appreciated.

For a 8 wheel monitoring system it is $359.00. Each transmitter has a replaceable battery which should last one year. The receiver has a rechargeable battery which is good for one month.

Strange. I started doing some research online and found that the following units are all identical.
Tire Minder---Innotech---Tire Traker----Tire Tech.  How can that be. They're all the same except for the name.
Let me ask again, has anyone had any experience with any of the above TPMS systems?  If anyone gives a good review, then I'll do a search of all of them and see who gives the best price.

Because they are all made in China and the only difference is the name printed on the case.

I think Hawkshead is the same also.  I had one.  It worked fine for a truck & 32 foot fifth wheel without a signal booster.  Never had a problem with it.

Now I have a SmarTire system with failing senders that are no longer available and a receiver that powers off if you look at it sideways so I'm also shopping for a reliable 10 sensor system.

On edit:  I found senders.  $85 each!  Cheaper to buy a whole new system.

Rene,
I have the tire  minder and my brother has the tire traker.The only problem I have had is 1 sensor is sensitive to the pressure.When it increase 's  with the tire temp  it will go off as it cools and pressure drops.I should have sent it back but didn't think to before warranty ran out.
It doesn't have a problem reading the sensors without a booster(36' coach Jeep Wrangler toad).
My brothers tire traker seems to program easier ,must have improved the software or somethingas they are identical.We have used the sensors on both with no problem .I did buy the last 2  after I decided I wouldn't scrap the system once I figured out the bad sensor.
The batteries it uses seem to be the most expensive(cr1632) you can check pricing

I have the TST (TPMS) http://tsttruck.com/  originally the flow-thru units. On the first battery change, the seals on 3 of the units failed and I had issues with 3 others. To their credit, they made it good. I have posted about that event with photos about a month ago. You can see it here:  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,80990.msg737365.html#msg737365.  I currently have one sensor for each dually attached to Cat Eyes  http://www.linkmfg.com/products/cats-eye/  I loose accurate temperature readings but capture the pressure with the alarm set with the tolerances of the Cat Eye system.

8Muddypaws said:
Because they are all made in China and the only difference is the name printed on the case.

I think Hawkshead is the same also.  I had one.  It worked fine for a truck & 32 foot fifth wheel without a signal booster.  Never had a problem with it.

I hate to buy things made in China. Sorry Eric. 

Yes Hawkshead is the same as the four I mentioned above.  What I've found that some people have good luck with them and others not so good. Much of the problems could possibly be attributed to the environment they're in. 
I think I'm going to buy one but I'm a little reluctant because of the failure rate. I've got many to search from to get the best price because they're all the same.

It's going to be a hard search to find anything electronic that isn't made in China.  Even if it were assembled somewhere else you can bet the some of the parts came from China. IMHO electronics are one of the few things China can make with any quality.  Even German, Korean, and Japanese name brands are made in China.

The Hawkshead I had was very good.  The only problem I had with it was the manual's description of how to program it.  Once I figured that out I never had another problem.  I'm currently looking at an EEZTire, mostly because it has a bigger display.

I have a Tire Tech On 10 sensor system that works fine.  I also have the repeater in the rear of the coach to ensure the TOAD sensor signals.  Had some problems with two sensors.  Called the distributor and they sent new sensors and sent a pre-paid  return label for the bad sensors.  I think it is a good deal for the purchase price (under $400 for all).  JM2?...

Rene my wife got me this one for Christmas but with all the snow have not had a chance to try it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Truck-Sensor-Pressure-Monitoring-System/dp/B00E55FFB0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1423857227&sr=8-5&keywords=tire+pressure+monitoring+system

jhskick said:
Rene my wife got me this one for Christmas but with all the snow have not had a chance to try it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Truck-Sensor-Pressure-Monitoring-System/dp/B00E55FFB0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1423857227&sr=8-5&keywords=tire+pressure+monitoring+system

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the 8 tire system and it's a bit pricey.

For prices the link at the top of this page to Rvupgrades.com is about the best I have found. Not sure if their is more of a discount to forum members or not so might ask if you call. I and a couple others have used the Hopkins TPMS without any trouble. That is the 10 sensor with the booster antenna, haven't heard or tried any of the other brands.

I went with the Tire Traker and have been pleased with it. set up was easy and it worked as promised. I did take them off for the winter. I got mine from Lawrence RV which is now RV Safety Accessories- they have great customer service you work with the owner and his son, there are very knowledgeable about their products. I had a battery go bad in one sensor so I emailed them to see if it could be a sensor problem or just a bad battery- it was a bad battery ( I had already replaced it because we were on the road). they returned my email the next day and when we got home they had sent me out six new batteries. JMHO

SMR said:
I went with the Tire Traker and have been pleased with it. set up was easy and it worked as promised. I did take them off for the winter. I got mine from Lawrence RV which is now RV Safety Accessories- they have great customer service you work with the owner and his son, there are very knowledgeable about their products. I had a battery go bad in one sensor so I emailed them to see if it could be a sensor problem or just a bad battery- it was a bad battery ( I had already replaced it because we were on the road). they returned my email the next day and when we got home they had sent me out six new batteries. JMHO

I just purchased a Progressive Surge Protector from them last week. They have the best prices over anyone that I found. They were very friendly and easy to work with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom