Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtjennin

Any suggesions on Tire Brands?  I need two front for a 1999 Georgie Boy 35'

Size?

There are plenty of decent brands, in a variety of price ranges. Not every manufacturer makes every size, though. If you have 16" wheels, the choices will be broader because you can use LT (Light Truck) tires. If 19.5 or 22.5, it is more restrictive.

Goodyear and Michelin are the major brands for the RV-specific market, but you don't need a tire that says "RV" in its name. Continental, Bridgestone, Yokahoma, Toyo, Goodrich (a Michelin company), Cooper are other frequent choices. Kumho and Hankook are getting popular in the USA too. They are reputable brands too.

I went to  purchase tires recently (I buy from wholesale distributor) I wanted Toyo, but was out of stock, next was uniroyal, out of stock,  Michelin, out of stock ( ok as I thought they were to expensive) this is for 235-85-16 load E
finally ended up with Kumho, I did my research on construction, warranty, and feedback, plus asking couple friends with tire stores, on feedback.
so now they are on and have driven couple hundred miles, Nice! no road noise, seem to track well, handle well,
price was very reasonable, so..... would I recommend them? yes, so far,  will tell more in few weeks as couple trips are scheduled, 400-500 mi ea trip.
I'm not a goodyear fan, or firestone either, having been in the tire business for yrs, I prefer not to pay for all that advertising.

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'd buy Kumho, if they had my size 9295/80R22.5 LRH). Seem to have a good track record so far.

Gary

Kumho's track record is great. 15 years ago I was buying Kumho's to run on race tracks ;D They were the best combination of price, track wear and streetability of all the tires out there.

I'll admit your comments make  me feel better, Thanks for the input!
I've known of Kumho for yrs, but little experience.
but...... don't go gettin all warm and fuzzy  cause I paid you a compliment!  Ha Ha Ha

Back
Top Bottom