TOAD Vehicle Brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weewun

I am going to get a smaller vehicle (currently have a 2012 Silverado 1500) which is to large for my wife to drive around locally here in Naples, FL.

I currently have an M&G Air Brake System on the TOAD which is working quite well.  Am thinking about changing Brake Systems.  I would like a permanent installation Air Brake System.

I will appreciate your input as to which Braking System is:

1. Best
2. Unobtrusive
3. Permanently Installed so all I have to do is connect the existing Air Brake Line.

The M&G is the best.  Unfortunately not all tow vehicles can fit one.  If we change cars we may be forced into changing.

ArdraF

I argee with Ardra.. There are a couple more that use Motor Home air to work the brakes but none even come close to the M&G..  Basically, I'd get a list of what they fit and pick a new towed from that list.. you may need to get a new slave culinder, since those need to be matched to the brake master/booster pair, but ... You might be surprised at how few of those there are. (That is one slave likely fits a fairly large assortment of towed's).

Yea, I second Gary's choice and I installed one in my CRV. It is definitely the smallest I've seen and was pretty easy to install. SMI has a video and all the literature on the website if you want to compare.
http://www.smibrake.com/air-force-one.html I think it was app $900 at PPL but I combined the order with a tow bar also so that helped with the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom