Toad wireless tail/signal lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Ox makes plug-and-play harnesses for your Jeep’s tail lights. They use factory connectors, so no splicing or cutting.

I just put one of their harnesses in my ‘12 Wrangler. It takes power and signal from the motorhome and includes a diode so power isn’t backfed into the Jeep’s electrical system. Towed with it yesterday, works perfectly.

The easiest way is to add a completely new wiring harness and bulbs. But you will have to drill holes in your rear lights to add another bulb in each side. That was easy to do for a CRV but I'm not sure about Jeeps. YouTube probably has instructions for your exact model Jeep.

I used a wireless set from Harbor Freight yesterday for the second time. Very simple to use and worked great. I read a lot of good reviews before I bought. They seem well made. My concern was how long the battery’s will last.. The die and you toss the whole set up. No replacements. I added tie-wraps just to make sure the magnets held to my bumpers. If I towed a lot I would probably install wired set because of possible batery life and simplicity.
Butch

I used a wireless set from Harbor Freight yesterday for the second time. Very simple to use and worked great. I read a lot of good reviews before I bought. They seem well made. My concern was how long the battery’s will last.. The die and you toss the whole set up. No replacements. I added tie-wraps just to make sure the magnets held to my bumpers. If I towed a lot I would probably install wired set because of possible batery life and simplicity.
Butch
I use them too. I've had to repair them a few times. The magnets never slip so tie wraps have never been used. Wait for a sale and then buy 2 sets.

If you go with one of the wireless light bar options, make sure to read the reviews, some of the self contained models are very bad about going through batteries very fast.

Back
Top Bottom