Toilet Brands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adell

Hi there.  I'm new and we are new to RVing.

Not sure if this was the right place to post this.  Feel free to move to a more appropriate area.

Hubby wants a more 'house type' toilet, taller and a porcelain or ceramic bowl.

I didn't find a lot of info on the forum about brands and models.  Maybe I didn't search right.

So I went on Amazon and read the reviews.  Somebody always has some problem about a toilet no matter the brand or model.

I'm debating between these two:

Thetford 42060 Aqua Magic Style II

Only 4 reviews and 1 reviewer simply states he hates it.

Thetford 34431 Aqua Magic w/sprayer

14 reviews, 14% with only 1 star listing these issues

• high or low water pressure causes valve to stay open and toilet to overflow--says it's a known issue
  • bowl too shallow for man to sit down

Any comments, recommendations, suggestions or warnings are very much welcome!

The Thedford Aqua Magic is a great toilet. No one is going to waste time with a review of a normal toilet. They will only complain if there is a problem. Aqua Magic is pretty much the standard for RVs. I have been using them for years.  Adventure RV has a huge selection of RV toilets in lots of different styles. I have purchased one from them and I was satisfied.

If you look at RV related sites, you will find a WIDE selection of thrones.  Higher seats, normal seat height.  Round bowl, elongated bowl.  White, bone, black color.  With and without spray.  Porcelain and plastic bowls.  Foot flush or hand flush or automatic flush.  Check the Thetford web site!  Whatever you want is available!

We've found the Aqua Magic Style Plus to be perfect for our needs. The porcelain bowl and comfortable residential seat are easy to clean, and we prefer the foot pedal flush to a hand lever flush. We like the Plus so much in fact, that when we bought a newer motorhome, we moved it from the old rig to the new one. We have the optional water saver sprayer for those times when the flush action needs just a bit of help.

Many years ago at a church youth camp, my friend, John and I were walking with a counselor named Dana.  Dana indicated a need to visit the facilities, and referred to that facility as the JOHN!  Ever since, we have referred to that facility as the DANA.

NY_Dutch, thanks.  Looks like that is a good brand.  That's what we have now but hubby wanted the standard seat like in a house.

grashley said:
If you look at RV related ...

I did go to Thetford.com and Dometic.com.  It seems like Dometic got more bad reviews on Amazon.  I noticed there are not many brands.

adell said:
NY_Dutch, thanks.  Looks like that is a good brand.  That's what we have now but hubby wanted the standard seat like in a house.

Our Style Plus has exactly the same residential seat on it as the conventional toilet in our Adirondack cottage. The only differences are the color and the Thetford stickers on one and the Kohler sticker on the other.

Kohler K-4689-0

Back
Top Bottom