Tom Seiler (Seilerbird) in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy said:
We all wish Tom a speedy recovery but sometimes a little levity is good medicine. Wendy

Wendy, I agree.  Will and Tom have become good friends over the past few months and I strongly suspect that Will knows that Tom would appreciate his lighthearted comments.

By the way, Will knows a thing or two about the seriousness of major health issues also.  A double lung transplant is nothing to joke about either.

We need to include Will in our prayers, and wish both, he and Tom, a speedy and complete recovery.

My message appears to have been dropped from the other thread, so please forward my wishes for a speedy recovery to Tom.

My message appears to have been dropped from the other thread ...

Joe, it was merged into this topic, along with the other messages. Read back.in this topic and you should see it.

I just saw the message about Seilerbird being hospitalized.  Sue, thank you so much for letting us know and especially the hospital address.  We'll really miss Tom while he's out of commission.  Please tell him that ArdraF and JerryF send their best wishes for a very speedy recovery.  He'll be chomping at the bit because those of us who know him in person know he's not used to being corralled and in a sick bed.  Please do keep the reports coming until Tom is able to rejoin our RV Forum framily.  Thanks again!

ArdraF and JerryF

Well, Tom and I have not exactly seen eye-to-eye over the years on the forum (have never met in person), however wish him a speedy recovery and all the best, that's for sure.  Jim

Steve and Linda send sincere wishes for a speedy, complete recovery, Seilbird.  Looking forward to having you back in the saddle to keep all of us on the straight & narrow! We can't do without your humor, RV life-knowledge, and beautiful photos...you are terribly missed.

Tom said:
Joe, it was merged into this topic, along with the other messages. Read back.in this topic and you should see it.
Ah, so I'm blind in one eye and can't see with the other. My apologies.

POSTCARD SUGGESTION

Being that Tom is an avid photographer and RV-er and stuck in hell  ooops stuck in hospital... and the forum folks are from all over the place, it would be fun if we all sent him gorgeous postcards from our current locale and current or future travels. I bet in a few short days, he could have postcards from nearly every state and providence.

It would be a lot more fun to look at the beautiful postcard pics from well wishers than a bunch of "get well" greeting cards. It also gives you an excuse to send multiple postcards.  Also if you have any picture books you're tired of (coffee table type stuff) he might really enjoy that too.

He is probably in a much nicer hospital than I got stuck in for a month overseas, the one I was in, had no books, no pictures, no TV and I was dying to have something beautiful to look at besides the bleeping machines surrounding my bed.

For the techno savvy, there are postcards online you can design and send with your own pictures at places such as

http://www.hazelmail.com/

Sorry to hear about Tom's health problems.  I hope he's back on his feet again soon.  It's great to have friends in times of need and this is just another example of how great this forum is.

For $1.50 I was able to go online, upload a picture, write a note and send a postcard with postage paid from me to Tom all in a matter of minutes. I've never done this before, but I am sure going to have fun with it and send some more postcards out. I happened to use this service below, because it seemed simple enough for a techno idiot like me. There are probably many services to choose from.

http://www.hazelmail.com/

By the way... Tom's address (in case you missed it above)

Tom Seiler
University Hospital
Shands North Tower
Room 8269
Gainesville, FL 32610

I hope others reading this will send Tom a beautiful postcard or several postcards. They emailed me a confirmation showing my pic and note.

Attachments

• postcard to tom.png
    postcard to tom.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DearMissMermaidP3040110.JPG
    DearMissMermaidP3040110.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 59
A good suggestion. Hopefully, Tom won't get stressed out critique'ing our pictures  ;D

They still print professionally shot photos on real postcards you buy in a store, write out a message and stick a stamp on it, then find a mailbox and send it off.

I just thought if he got a ton of colorful postcards from the travelers in here, he might get a chuckle.

Besides he'll get better service, they'll be checking on him more often, delivering all his mail.

He might be too doped up to concentrate on tiny phone internet to see anything we write here.

Pic uploaded and card sent, thanks for the great link...I think I will be using this service more often.

I am going to have one sent to myself to check the quality and timeliness of their service. But I am pretty impressed with the ease of doing it....

Let's flood the hospital with picture cards for Tom to enjoy!!

Jim

Hi Everyone, I was not able to talk to Tom yet today because he was sleeping when I called.  I did talk to the nurse who said he is doing well.  He still has the drain in his head, but it is portable, so they were able to walk him a little today.  He is anxious about waiting for the charger that I sent him and seems to not remember that it is not coming until Saturday. She said that he has short term memory loss.  She said that he waits anxiously for the mail every day.  He is not allowed to have real flowers or any balloons except mylar, so I will send him some fake flowers today.  I like your idea of the post cards from all over. He will like that. I have written down the names of all who have sent messages to him and will give him the complete list by email and when I next speak to him. I am pleased to see that he has so many friends who care about him. 

Tom

Just leaving Yellowstone, took your advise and hiked the Tetons.  Get well soon so we can agree to disagree again..

Jim & Kathy W.

AKA TinMan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom