Toms...... Waltzing Across Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ian,

Thanks for the link. There's some great info and insights there, and now I have a far better understanding of the song and its' history. Having seen the great, thought-provoking movie "On The Beach" several times, I can't help but wonder if the films' creators chose "Waltzing Matilda" because of the (now) obvious similarity of their endings. Hmmm.....

I would love to visit Australia someday and drink in the beauty and culture and rich history of your great land. Someday.

As an aside, I do have a very nice personal letter from The Hon. John Howard MP, but that's way off topic.

Cliff:

Take Two looks very smooth... a lot of kinks worked out.? I think Tom should take this with him and enter American Idol.? ?;D

Karl said:
I would love to visit Australia someday and drink in the beauty and culture and rich history of your great land. Someday.
So many of your country's citizens have come down under and really enjoyed themselves so you would probably enjoy it too. Just ask Terry and Liliane Nathan, they are touring downunder at present, somewhere in the South Island of New Zealand I think. This is their 2nd trip in 6 years so I think they like us ;)

As an aside, I do have a very nice personal letter from The Hon. John Howard MP, but that's way off topic.
One day we'll have to follow that one up.

Smoky said:
Cliff:

Take Two looks very smooth... a lot of kinks worked out.? I think Tom should take this with him and enter American Idol.? ?;D

You think he would win?

Come on Tom,

With you coming from Wales, you must have sang in a Welsh Choir or two.

........or was that a Welsh Choirt !!? ;D

Paul

Paul,

I'll sing any English song if you'll sing a Welsh one. The rules are - you have to hit every note and all the words must be pronounced correctly  ;D

Cliff:

I don't know if he could win, but if that Asian guy could make the finals singing "She bangs!", I am certain Tom would be around near the end.  He really does have an excellent base voice!

LOL Karl. Are you talking about Paul not being able to read the words of a Welsh song or me not being to read the words of an English one?

LOL Karl. Seriously though, you'd have no problem with the music and would probably enjoy the 4-part harmony.

Tom and I will have to to get together and record his first CD..... Tom, pick something out you like to sing and I will sequence the music on the keyboard and learn the guitar part.... and then we will be ready for you to record!
Cliff

Tom said:
ROTFL Cliff! That's just great. What's the tune?

Tom,
You can hear the tune at    http://www.rvsongs4you.com/  . 2nd song on the new CD.
Hope you like it!
Cliff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom