Tornado warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jvowell1

Hi Im new to this and was wondering what do you do when there are tornado warnings?

We spent 40 years in central Illinois and over the years learned to treat weather with great respect.

Tornado WATCHES occur all the time and did not change our routine much except to keep an eye on the TV and weather outside. When warnings were issued we kept the TV on and watched for actual sightings in our area. If any occurred (or the sirens went off) we headed for the basement of our home.

In a motorhome i would probably have a block building chosen to retreat to if sightings indicated a twister was headed our way.

With all the crazy weather lately I was wondering the same thing !  Spooky stuff

crazy weather lately

Tell me about it.  We were hit by lightening again last night; second time in a couple of months.  :mad: Have not totaled losses yet.  Do know well got it, garage door opener, both of them for second time.  Going to contact  NOAA and see if they are interested in buying this place. ???

Jim Johnson said:
Tell me about it.  We were hit by lightening again last night; second time in a couple of months.  :mad: Have not totaled losses yet.  Do know well got it, garage door opener, both of them for second time.  Going to contact  NOAA and see if they are interested in buying this place. ???

Ouch.  Sorry to hear of the lightning strike Jim.  Twice is enough for a lifetime.  Glad you and Tarry are OK.

Back
Top Bottom