Tow Dolly or towed vehicle ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a ton of "brake buddy" equivalents.  Its basically a box that sits in front of the drivers seat and has an arm that pushes on your brake pedal.  Its typically activated by the brake light wire from the motorhome.  They are installed when you tow and removed when you stop somewhere.  You can check craigslist or ebay, since they are often being sold by someone getting out of RVing.  Other alternatives are for diesels with air brakes:  Roadmaster and M&G, for instance.  The invisibrake is an electric system that has a wire and pulley system to activate the toad's brakes.  There are many posts on the topic in various forums.
Personally if I were concerned about expense, I would look for a brake buddy or equivalent, availalbe on craigslist somewhere. 

In August we had the Invisibrake installed in my Jeep. Much to my dismay, we had to trade the Jeep in for another vehicle. We took the Invisibrake out including wiring, pedal clamp, and cylinder. I am now selling it for $525 which includes shipping. It was used 3 times and a pleasure to have in our towed vehicle. Message me if you or someone you know are interested in purchasing it.

Attachments

• 20170614_062033.jpg
    20170614_062033.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 6
Cathyv817 said:
In August we had the Invisibrake installed in my Jeep. Much to my dismay, we had to trade the Jeep in for another vehicle. We took the Invisibrake out including wiring, pedal clamp, and cylinder. I am now selling it for $525 which includes shipping. It was used 3 times and a pleasure to have in our towed vehicle. Message me if you or someone you know are interested in purchasing it.
We have been using the Invisibrake for a year in our Saturn and its great.  It really is invisible and doesn't need to be set up for towing and doesn't affect normal driving.  Highly recommend.  The "additional car" kit is about $100 and includes the little bits and pieces needed to move it to another car.  Takes an afternoon to install. 

Agreed...much easier than the big BB brake that we had for years. As far as I know we have all the parts except the light plug from the front of the Jeep and the break away switch. They were not coming off with the tools we had.

Back
Top Bottom