Towing with a 3.6 L Ford F-150 Eco Boost Gas Mileage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 2017 F250 with the 6.2 gets about 12mpg when towing our travel trailer. It is the supercab with 8? bed.

Danny Pyle said:
My 2017 F250 with the 6.2 gets about 12mpg when towing our travel trailer. It is the supercab with 8? bed.

As is evidenced by replies here not everybody's mileage is the same. If I drive 50 mph my mileage might be better but I don?t want to drive that slow. I used to have a 37? 5th wheel I towed with a Dodge 3/4 ton, single cab, 2 wheel drive with the Cummins diesel. I got about 12 mpg. You get what you get according to how you drive and how your vehicle is configured. Either be happy with it or change driving habits or vehicles.

Oldgator73 said:
As is evidenced by replies here not everybody's mileage is the same. If I drive 50 mph my mileage might be better but I don?t want to drive that slow. I used to have a 37? 5th wheel I towed with a Dodge 3/4 ton, single cab, 2 wheel drive with the Cummins diesel. I got about 12 mpg. You get what you get according to how you drive and how your vehicle is configured. Either be happy with it or change driving habits or vehicles.
I wasn?t complaining, just adding to the conversation.

Not to jijack the discussion but...
I am pleased to see that the ecoboosts are doing so well.  I've got an '06 LBZ silverado diesel and its great.  13.5 mpg towing a 10K BP.
But looking at the data on the new diesels the prices are outa site and there are fuel pump problems with design changes that are costing some people ~$15K!  After driving this LBZ diesel I thought I'd never go back to a gasser but I think the diesels have become way to complex in order to meet EPA rules.  I don't think that there's an ecoboost for 10K BP rig yet  but with the diesel problems like they are I bet there will be some.  Like they say, if you want to tow a big rig you shouldn't want to know what the mpg is.

I am not complaining either.....just curious if my numbers related to others driving a similar vehicle.

I also say the same thing about a truck in general....if you're gonna complain about the cost of filling it up, you shouldn't have got a truck in the first place!

A typical and most frequent camping trip for us was a 275 trip to the mountains and back. It was a climb of 7500 ft between home and the campground. With my Dodge 1500 with 5.7 hemi, I usually averaged about 8-9 mpg going uphill and 10-12 mph downhill.

Back
Top Bottom