Trailer for cold weather ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RebeccaLee22

Hi Guys,
Im looking to but a trailer (my first).  I plan to live in it full time for a few years and travel the country by myself.  Is there such a thing as a trailer for cold weather?  Where I could be up north in the winter? 
I want to get something under 28'.  Do you have a brands that you guys recommend?
Thanks!
Rebecca

Artic Fox and Creekside are NOT 4  SEASON TRAILERS in Canada they at best are 3 season they "Claim" to good to 0 Degrees Fahrenheit what a joke at 0 in that you will be frozen solid and here is Southern Alberta it hits -22 F for a high day temp in the winter - we get snow in September and the ski hills have been open for weeks my Voltage claims to be a 4 season trailer but at 10F at night it will blow through a 30lb tank of propane in 3 days

this is a 4 seasons trailer used by the oil workers 

http://www.roughnecktrailers.com/

sorry to burst your bubble - but this comes up every year

As indicated, it depends on what you mean by "cold." An awful lot of the posters here think "cold" is 25-30 degrees. To me that is "crisp" not cold. If your "cold" is northern Minnesota in January, there are trailers that can handle it, but you will need to skirt the trailer and pay for an awful lot of propane. It takes a lot of work too, filling and dumping in below zero weather. If by "cold" you mean Salt Lake City where winter lows are more like 20s with rare drops to zero, it is a lot easier but it will still take a lot of propane. That is indicated by the 100 gallon tanks sitting outside the RVs in our local campgrounds.

We routinely camp with lows in the mid 20s, and it isn't hard with our Outdoors RV trailer (though I wish we had the double pane windows). I would not want to do it with lows in the teens or less.

Back
Top Bottom