transporting a firearm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ro said:
If no one hasn't been stopped,whats the importance of of having permits for each state when traveling coast to coast. It seems highly unlikely if you want to take the risk and avoid the cost and time to get all  the permits?

You don't need a permit for each state.  Many concealed handgun licenses are valid in numerous states, but it only matters if you're stopping there.  If you're legal where you start and you're legal where you stop, you're legal along the way.  The importance of making sure you're legal wherever you stop is just in case you do in fact get stopped, get into an accident, or heaven forbid need to use your weapon.  After all, the point of carrying it with you is to have it in case you need it.

jdq1986 said:
You don't need a permit for each state.  Many concealed handgun licenses are valid in numerous states, but it only matters if you're stopping there.  If you're legal where you start and you're legal where you stop, you're legal along the way.  The importance of making sure you're legal wherever you stop is just in case you do in fact get stopped, get into an accident, or heaven forbid need to use your weapon.  After all, the point of carrying it with you is to have it in case you need it.
This might help......
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

and this state by state lookup database.......
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

Great Horned Owl said:
Yes, and some people are struck by lightening. There may even be a few who die from meteor strikes.

Joel 

Don't think there is any documentation of anyone being hit by a meteor or who has died from one. Meteorites are a different story.
Also you get hit 20 times by lighting before one meteorite strike.

I'm still packing when on the road and staying away from the evil states that don't allow.

My gun goes on with my belt in the morning and doesn't come off till I go to bed, then it's on the nightstand. I flat out refuse to go where my guns are not welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom