Traveling to New England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulaJean1950

We will be taking a trip to NH, ME, VT for the Summer and are struggling to find some decent RV Parks to stay in.  Any ideas, suggestions, and yes I'm sorry to say I am from MA!!!  Still no clue.

What kind of camping to you do?  What type of equipment?

NH:  Danforth Bay in Freedom (open year round)

ME: Acadia National Park (35 foot limit)

MA:  Salsibury SP and Scusset SP (but you probably already knew that)

Fran

We have stayed at the KOA in Saco ME which is nice and very convenient to the touristy sites like Old Orchard Beach, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport, etc. It's right off a main boulevard, though, so the sites near the front can be a bit noisy. The pull thrus way in the back are my favorite.

The Narrows Too Resort up near Bar Harbor is very nice. Some sites right on the water. We have not stayed here since 2003 but I hear it's gotten even nicer since then!

DH and I completed a NE trip in Oct, stopping in each of the states you mention. I put reviews of all the parks where we stayed on rvparksreview.com and recommend you look there for some suggestions depending on where in each state you'll be stopping. I can tell you there are not that many RV parks in western MA, however, we found a really nice, family friendly one outside Dalton. Of course, Norman Farms in Foxsboro is a must stay that is convenient for a drive to Patriots stadium, Boston, the Cape, etc. Che k out my review of the cg's we stayed at in ME (close to LL bean), NH White Mtns, and VT.  Enjoy your trip...I know we had a blast!

Thanks so much for your replies.  We drive a 36 foot Motorhome and tow a Honda Civic.  I will definitely check out all your suggestions.  We are from MA and lived there all our lives.  We camped pretty much in all the NE states and loved it.  But, RVing and camping are 2 different things.  We are in our 3rd year of full timers and enjoying life.  We do miss family and want to get back to NE more often.

Where are you from in MA originally? Both DH and I are from the Berkshires. Our of the reasons for our trip 'back home' was to visit family in Dalton and to attend my 45th HS reunion. Ironically, DH's was scheduled for the same night. While
I'd been back to the Berkshires several times in the past few years, hubby had not so this was quite an emotional trip for him. We did manage to get into Patriots stadium and also take in a Red Sox game while we were there. We've been in SC for almost 38 years.

If you are considering the Boston area, we recommend Boston Minuteman in Littleton.  Nice park, great owners and close to public transportation to Boston.  Cheaper than most south of the city. (Normandy Farms runs $70 - $90 for FH in the summer).
In Vermont we like Brattleboro North Koa in the south, Sugar Ridge in Danville in the Northeast, Apple Island in the Northwest/Burlington/Champlain Islands area.
I will leave NH & ME to others.
Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom