Traveling with prostate issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Curt

I am scheduled to have a prostate biopsy in the near future....I was wondering if there are any forum member who are facing these same issues and do you still manage to live the full time lifestyle with medical challenges. Thank you.

I suggest you wait to see what happens with the biopsy before considering any options. MHO.

I agree with RVRAC, I had one done a few months ago and an all negative result thankfully, you can really have a lot of negative thoughts before though ! Best of luck, Pat.

Curt said:
I am scheduled to have a prostate biopsy in the near future....I was wondering if there are any forum member who are facing these same issues and do you still manage to live the full time lifestyle with medical challenges. Thank you.
After the age of sixty just about every person has all kinds of medical issues. You just deal with them as best you can.

I don't travel in my RV. It's permanently parked out in the woods of MI. Kind of a remote area with difficult access if any emergency arises. Which it has in the past. We learned this...

Unless unhealthy or unsafe, don't change what you love to do. Unless you have no choice.
Wait until the results of the biopsy. In the mean time, enjoy yourself. Stress is not your friend.

One step at a time. Best wishes.

Been there, done that, and my results were negative. I hope the same for you. I have a friend who had positive results  well over 5 years ago, much treatment but he still is doing well, no problems and traveling the world!

I have a friend that had to have surgery to remove his cancerous prostate a few years ago (five or six years). We were both full timers at the time. We had already headed north from AZ for the spring but drove back down to Phoenix in our toad where he had the surgery to be there with him and his wife. They were allowed to park in one of the hospital lots for several days - no hookups at all but they were very experienced boon dockers, so made out okay.
He was impotent afterwards and had to wear depends but they continued to live in their motor home with no problems. Now He is still doing fine but like us is no longer full timing.

Hoping it will be negative. They are probably just establishing a baseline. Because of my family history they started annual biopsies at about age 55. At age 60 I had surgery and radiation. Didn't slow me down a bit. I'm 73 and enjoying life. Get on the Americian Cancer Society web site, lots of great info.. Best of luck.

Prostate problems are frequently benign (called BHP) and easily correctable with laser surgery, and sometimes controllable with just medication. Been there and done that, both medication and surgery.  And if it is prostate cancer, there are several options to fix that as well. Prostate problems are common in older males and not at all something to be unduly worried about. There are several prostate cancer survivors on this forum that I know of, and probably more I don't know.

The biopsy is no issue; I had two in a two year period while traveling full time.  Then I chose the robotic surgery.  We stayed at A KOA during recovery, but was able to get out and walk daily as prescribed immediately, and was driving within two weeks. 

I have 2 friend that faced prostate cancer. They both elected to have Proton Radiation treatment at Loma Linda U. No urinary control problems and no impotence.

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gurrenteed
Back
Top Bottom